Jose Ramirez Guitarra Del Tiempo

joejitsumd

Jose Ramirez Guitarra Del Tiempo

Post by joejitsumd » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:10 am

Anyone play one of these in person? It’s the next version after the 130 anos. I have been looking and them online and feel like I may desperately need one. Beautiful guitar. Just wondering how they stack up. I currently have a Loriente Clarita in cedar and a Loriente Marietta in spruce. They are both good and more than adequate for a beginner like myself, but they aren’t nearly as beautiful as the Ramirez I’m seeing online. Ugh!

Scott Phillips

Re: Jose Ramirez Guitarra Del Tiempo

Post by Scott Phillips » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:12 am

My friend had one. The same as the 125 anyone I had and the same as 130 anyos. Great guitar. The weak link on these is of course the tuners. Chinese Ping tuners on the Tiempo. Nice case with these. Great guitars if you can get them at a good price.

souldier

Post by souldier » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:31 pm

I tried one and was pretty underwhelmed. I've found the same to be true with the 130 anos, but I then I tried another one that was pretty good. So either the ones I tried needed to open up, or there are some QC issues. Whatever the case, I would only buy in person or with some sort of trial period/return policy.

When you say "beautiful" are you mainly referring to aesthetics? Appearance of a guitar can be important depending on the person, but be sure to judge a guitar first for playability/sound or you might end up listening with your eyes rather than your ears.
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

joejitsumd

Post by joejitsumd » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:26 pm

Yeah, I mean in asthetics. I love the way my clarita sounds but it isnt exactly a pretty guitar. If I could find the same sounding guitar in the appearance of the Del Tiempo I would be set. No need for any more guitars... lol

Philosopherguy

Post by Philosopherguy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:23 am

I have written plenty of posts around about the 130Anos. It is a fine guitar. If you do a little searching you will find tons of comments. I don't believe the Guitarra Del Tiempo is significantly different.

If you find a good one, you will be very happy.

Martin
2013 Ramirez 130 Anos - Spruce
2013 Ramirez 4NE - Cedar
1998 Dean Harrington - Spruce
1977 Kuniharu Nobe - Spruce
1971 Yamaha GC3 - Spruce

ivan

Post by ivan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:47 pm

All Ramirez product line, including their top limited model - Centenario are failed to impressed me. They are tons of guitars better than Ramirez (better power, better balance, better playability etc etc).

The top model is heavily decorated with carved heel, unique rosette, signature Alessi tuner, etc etc. Super expensive. But the sound is very similar to their 1a model. Nothing special..

Beni

Post by Beni » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:37 pm

I own Ramirez del tiempo. It took me a while to get used to this guitar as I’ve been playing for more than 10 years a Burguet 3M
It has a very different sound from the other guitar and a bit harder to play (maybe due to higher action)
Guitar seems beautiful and with a distinctive sound. I expect it’s sound to mature in the future.

madrilla

Post by madrilla » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:24 pm

Beni wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:37 pm
I own Ramirez del tiempo. It took me a while to get used to this guitar as I’ve been playing for more than 10 years a Burguet 3M
It has a very different sound from the other guitar and a bit harder to play (maybe due to higher action)
Guitar seems beautiful and with a distinctive sound. I expect it’s sound to mature in the future.
What woods do they have? I played a cedar 3M and liked the sound & playability instantly.

Beni

Post by Beni » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:38 am

Both guitars are solid woods (rosemary)
Due to lower action Burguet is very easy in terms of playability. If you have one get savarez mr10 medium tension. Great guitar

Guero

Post by Guero » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:01 am

So I bet they go together well with potatoes.

madrilla

Post by madrilla » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:36 am

Beni wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:38 am
Both guitars are solid woods (rosemary)
Due to lower action Burguet is very easy in terms of playability. If you have one get savarez mr10 medium tension. Great guitar
Indeed, the Burguet will serve you well, perhaps to the extent that it is hard to upgrade significantly.

I was thinking more about whether the tops are the same because spruce & cedar can sound very different from, even in the same model. Spruce is the one that needs time to mature. Oh yes, rosemary is a herb in English, rosewood is dalbergia.

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:38 pm

I won a guitarra del tiempo in a raffle in 2017. Ramirez are presumably regarding it as a limited edition as mine in numbered 177. It's not a guitar I would have chosen to buy but I do enjoy playing it. It has a darker tone than my other guitar, a lattice-braced instrument by local luthier Les Backshall, and is slightly quieter. I've currently got Aquila Alchemia strings on it and the intonation is excellent up and down the fingerboard and the tone well-balanced across all the strings. The action, measured at the 12th fret, is a shade under 5mm on the bass side and a shade under 4mm on the treble side. Some may regard this as a bit high but it suits me just right. It is a beautifully finished guitar, doubtless because of the characteristic Ramirez lacquer but it is also well put together with no blemishes anywhere.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

Julian Ward

Post by Julian Ward » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Guero wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:01 am
So I bet they go together well with potatoes.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha !
Classical guitar teacher

Beni

Post by Beni » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:14 pm

Sorry guys. I did mean rosewood. I was typing quickly from my mobile and pressed the word option the phone offers you to type. My aplologies.

martinardo

Post by martinardo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:33 pm

Perhaps best not to leave these important food items to machines . . . :wink:
I'm pink therefore I'm Spam

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”