Eichhorn guitar

Johnsson

Eichhorn guitar

Post by Johnsson » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:33 pm

Hi everyone.

I have a question about a guitar brand that I never heard of before. It's a classical guitar (good condition) with the brand Eichhorn. Someone here who knows a litte more about this brand/luthier? What year the guitar were made? What is the minimum value of those guitars? When searching online I found guitars of Eichhorn with two different kind of labels inside the guitar.

simonm

Re: Eichhorn guitar

Post by simonm » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:36 am

If you search here you will find reference to a German (?) maker called Siegfried Eichhorn. There are not many comments but the implication is that he is a top class maker. I have not seen any reference to any factory brand by the name eichhorn but that just means I have not seen it, there may well be such a brand.

ben etow

Re: Eichhorn guitar

Post by ben etow » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:46 pm

I had one 640 spruce topped Siegfried Eichhorn (former Eastern Germany, near the famous Markneukirchen). Very singing and medium-sounding (creamy-sounding?). Very nice, but a bit short in a concert hall. I guess he built guitars from about 1965 until 2000 or so. Mine was made in 1996 and I bought it second-hand so I can't tell you much more than that...

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”