your advice on Alhambra 2c

Rommel

your advice on Alhambra 2c

Post by Rommel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:55 am

:) I want to purchase Alhambra 2c guitar made in spain... front wood is a spruce or cedar and the side and the back is laminated mahogany... please advice.. want it but a bit hesistant with the laminated mahogany thing :?: ... but to some this wood is good. :? well the volume of the guitar is loud and the strings sustain very fine :) ... still need professional opinion :!: ... anyone??? thanks!!!
:D
MelR
Last edited by Rommel on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

guitarseller345645

Re: your advice

Post by guitarseller345645 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:03 am

Oops...I replied in your other post. Since you are looking at the Abeto, the sound would not be loud, sweet and muddy, as for the Cedro.

I had the 1C-A...wonderful guitar. Sounded very good, so I think the 2C-A would be better.
Last edited by guitarseller345645 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:44 pm

I sell Alhambra guitars, so I can tell you that there is not enough difference between the 2C and the 3C to spend the extra money on the 3C. Also - Mahogany is a fine wood for guitars - it looks goods and is an excellent wood for the back, sides, and neck.

I think you would be very happy with the Alhambra 2C.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:47 am

Prominent Critic,
Thanks for your response ...ok maybe this week will buy it .I have been thinking of buying this... since last year... I tried several other brand made in China. and really I can hear the volume of Alhambra is louder and more refine. its sounds good to my ears.... By the way I thought this mahogany wood is for ukelele. this is the reason of my hesitation. Well, reservation is complete, guitar is available as i said I will go for it. today or tommorow that guitar will fall in my good hands... many many thanks....

MelR
Last edited by Rommel on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:17 am

Guitarseller 345645,
Thanks for the info about 2C-A .. I already asked for a reservation of the guitar and will get it today or tomorow after office work. As you have said it might be better than the 1C-A. '' :merci: will inform you of the result probably one of these days ... many thanks..

MelR

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:00 am

Rommel wrote::) I want to purchase Alhambra 2c guitar made in spain... front wood is a spruce or cedar and the side and the back is laminated mahogany... please advice.. want it but a bit hesistant with the laminated mahogany thing :?: ... but to some this wood is good. :? well the volume of the guitar is loud and the strings sustain very fine :) ... still need professional opinion :!: ... anyone??? thanks!!!
MelR

:?: still did not purchase the guitar ... I will decide within two weeks... still waiting for some additional info and advice from you guys outh there..

:)
thanks
MelR

Rommel

Re: your advice on Alhambra 2c

Post by Rommel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:50 am

Hello,
I purchased the A-2c and happy with the volume and sustain capabilty of it... can easily do my dynamics to it.
thanks to those who replied in my querries.... I still remember the thoughts I read in this forum its not what you got its what you can give... many many thanks indeed!!!

MelR

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”