Thank you all for the excellent replies!!!
All of the postings provided a lot of helpful information for how I should go about upgrading CG~
- Thank you, ChiyoDad and Prominent Critics, for your different views on when to upgrade~ I did find myself nodding when I was reading both of your replies
- Thank you, djajasoekarta and Derry, I will give it a chance and try out the CG's made in Japan like the Takamine brand if I come in contact with them.
- Thank you, gabasa; unfortunately, the budget I have is all the budget I could use
but I will remember your recommendation and refer back if I save up more money later!
- da23will, thank you for the great question you posed!
That gave me a heads up on the high action on some CG's.
- saibharath, thank you for the reply. If I buy a new CG, though, I think I am staying away from Yamaha's for now. I am not saying I hate them or anything, but since I am learning a "classical" guitar, I might as well as try an instrument made from makers that have more credit with making CG's.
After reading all the posts, I decided to wait just a few months more to make decision on buying a new CG. I probably will wait till summer and then upgrade; the reason is that I really want my own guitar that I bought for myself. Personally I think it will be more meaningful to continue playing that way. If I don't have a budget change by then, I will decide on Cordoba, Alhambra or a Takamine (if I like how it sounds... I tried some cheap Takamine's at Guitar Center and hated it
but I am sure not all Takamine's sound like that...hope it was just that the particular model was trying to match up its cheap pricing of one to two hundred and something dollars...)
Once again, thank you ALL for the great replies, they helped tremendously!!