Standout guitar in 3k to 5k range?

Dave1947

Standout guitar in 3k to 5k range?

Post by Dave1947 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:39 pm

As far as new guitars go is there a standout spruce top in the 3k to 5k range? I'm thinking it's probably a matter of personal taste but if there is one that everyone agrees is exceptional I'd love to take a look at it.

newyorkhorseman

Re: Standout guitar in 3k to 5k range?

Post by newyorkhorseman » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:31 pm

In my personal opinion the Loriente (Cordoba) line gives much value for the money. Hand made in Spain.

I had the lowest price Clarita which retails for 2k as a starter when returning to CG after a hiatus and it was incredible.

Rudy

classykid817

Post by classykid817 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:45 pm

I can also vouch for the Clarita. I have been using it for my first semester in college and it's great. I am able to get a good sound out of it and it is pretty loud. I put Saverez alliance strings on it and was shocked at how much better is sounded so you may want to try those if you get the guitar.

Best,
Ken

Cary W

Post by Cary W » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Some makers that offer a great instrument in that range: Jason Wolverton, German Vasquez Rubio, Martin Blackwell.
2008 Yamaha GC31C Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ46
1987 Yamaha GC-3 Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ45

Jose-Guitarra8a

Post by Jose-Guitarra8a » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:56 pm

Cary W wrote:Some makers that offer a great instrument in that range: Jason Wolverton, German Vasquez Rubio, Martin Blackwell.
Is second Jason Wolverton. Jason is currently building a spruce/maple Romanillos inspired classical. As soon as I can I will post my recordings of my new guitar.

Dave1947

Post by Dave1947 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:38 am

I'd be very interested in hearing the Jason Wolverton spruce/maple. Thanks Jose

Jose-Guitarra8a

Post by Jose-Guitarra8a » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:22 pm

Dave1947 wrote:I'd be very interested in hearing the Jason Wolverton spruce/maple. Thanks Jose
My guitar will be completed in about a month. As soon as I can I will be more than happy to share a video recording. In the meantime, you should go to Jason's website and hear another spruce/maple guitar. I believe the La Leona piece was recorded with a spruce/maple guitar.

Cheers,
Jose

Dave1947

Post by Dave1947 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi Jose
Looked at the website, his guitars are beautiful, built to order and not overly priced. How long have you been waiting for your guitar? Thanks

Jose-Guitarra8a

Post by Jose-Guitarra8a » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:30 pm

Dave1947 wrote:Hi Jose
Looked at the website, his guitars are beautiful, built to order and not overly priced. How long have you been waiting for your guitar? Thanks
I took advantage of the Thanksgiving special that Jason was offering. So it was since last November.

I'm very excited in receiving the guitar. Jason has been very good communicating. He posted photos of my guitar under construction on his Facebook page. Check out the maple back.

Jose

Dave1947

Post by Dave1947 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:38 am

That's great! It should be a fantastic guitar with a little playing time! Maybe he'll have another special this coming Thanksgiving! I'll be ready to order one then. I need a spruce top for the Brazilian stuff....brighter more focused sound. I have a nice cedar top which works better on Bach...adds some warmth.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”