Early last year I decided to make a Santos copy, flamenco. I got as far as the neck being fairly advanced but that's about it. It was placed on the 'to do' pile, maybe, someday, perhaps, who knows.
Seemed a shame to abandon it completely so I decided to repurpose it. There was a little problem. My Santos neck was cut for a 650 scale and 51 mm width. I wanted to alter the scale to 630 or 635 mm's, the heel and heel slots already cut. The only way I could do it was to slightly fudge the 12 th fret body joint, the top nut depth and move the slot for the sides as far up the neck as I could, which wasn't very much. I managed with the 635 mm scale without things looking very odd.
So the neck has finally found a body to latch on to. The bracing is one that I've tried a couple of times on experimental models, both abandoned ladder braced. That's the beauty of experimental models, you can hack away the old bracing and replace it with something else without being too precious about it. This is the first guitar proper that uses this bracing. I term it flèche bracing, for obvious reasons. It also sounds posh.