Looking for dealers in the Southeast...

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
Roisin Dubh

Looking for dealers in the Southeast...

Post by Roisin Dubh » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:25 pm

I'm not too sure where to post this... I don't really see anywhere that it would specifically belong, so I'll try here.

I'm looking for some classical dealers in the Southeast, mainly Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee (I'm in Charleston, SC). I don't even know where to begin looking, because there are simply too many classical luthiers in the world, and they have so few dealerships each...

Anyway, thanks in advance!

freestroke

Post by freestroke » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:01 pm

Hell is full of amateur musicians -- GB Shaw

dlmoak

Post by dlmoak » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:31 pm

I also recommend Maple Street Guitars. If you can get to the GFA in Colimbus, GA this week, they will have the largest vendor fair they've ever had - many luthiers and dealers to choose from.

DumbSnowman

Post by DumbSnowman » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:07 am

Steven Walter, the guitar professor at Furman University in SC is an excellent guitar maker. He has a Humphrey inspired guitar that was, imo, better than than the inspiration. I own one and wouldn't trade it for anything.

DWB48MS

Classical Guitars in Southeast

Post by DWB48MS » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:30 pm

I also would recommend Maple Street Guitars. They are great folks to deal with - very patient and knowledgeable.

If you get to the Nashville area you might try Jerry Roberts (http://www.lamancha.com/guitars.html). I do not know him, but he has a great reputation and a large selection of high quality guitars.

Good luck!

Return to “Luthiers”