Hernandis guitars?

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
Boywithflaxenhair

Hernandis guitars?

Post by Boywithflaxenhair » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:36 pm

My godfather owns a relatively nice Hernandis guitar. It was made in 1970 and that is about all I know about it. Does anyone know anything about this brand of guitars, such as quality, history, etc? Any help appreciated. Gracias!

norban

Post by norban » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:06 pm

If you mean Hernandez then it might be a heir of the famous Santos Hernandez who worked with Ramirez and probably has made one of the first guitars of Andres Segovia.

But the name Hernandez is very common in Spain so, it could be build by any of them.

Tried to add an attachment of the Lutier-tree of Spain Lutiers in Madrid starting with Antonio Torres, and Santos Hernandez beeing a branch of it but the extension "gif" is not allowed. :(

Pepe Vergara

Post by Pepe Vergara » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:19 pm

There is a Hernandis model sold by Shery-Brener in the 70's. Those were make in Japan and sold as if the luthier had made them. Overall, they are not bad guitars. I have one GARCIA (1a) sold by S-B that sounds wonderful.

Boywithflaxenhair

Post by Boywithflaxenhair » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:55 pm

pepe wrote:There is a Hernandis model sold by Shery-Brener in the 70's. Those were make in Japan and sold as if the luthier had made them. Overall, they are not bad guitars. I have one GARCIA (1a) sold by S-B that sounds wonderful.
yes! that's it! So they weren't actually luthier made they just claim to be?

Return to “Luthiers”