Antonio Sanchez

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
Hatterman

Antonio Sanchez

Post by Hatterman » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:14 pm

Anybody know anything about Antonio Sanchez guitars? I've just bought their 1008 model. Really chuffed with it for the price I paid :D

Just wondered if anyone else plays one or knows anything about them?

Hatterman

Post by Hatterman » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:55 pm

OK - here's a pic too. The spec is as follows:

Solid Cedar Top
Rosewood fingerboard
Rosewood bridge
Back and sides of dark Mahogany
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Guitar Slim

Post by Guitar Slim » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:01 am

Don't know anything about them, but I saw a couple of good reviews of the 1020 model on Harmony Central -- the consensus that it's a well-built instrument that provides a lot of sound for the price.

This post caught my eye because of the unusual look of the guitar. The white purfling, the mahogany back and sides and even the rosette are reminiscent of a steel string acoustic -- but of course the shape, headstock, and bridge all look traditionally classical. Kind of attractive -- although I'm not sure if it's to my own personal taste.

Anyway, what do you think of the guitar, in terms of tone, volume and playability? Is it nice and cedar-y?
Last edited by Guitar Slim on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hahaf

Post by hahaf » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:25 am

Well i can only judge it on the out-view, i haven`t played one.But it looks very attractive and if i see it i will certainly reach to play it ;)

PS what is the price?

Hatterman

Post by Hatterman » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:51 am

I think it retails for around $600 (£300). I managed to bag mine for about $230 (£130).

I'm really pleased with it, sounds gorgeous, good bass tones and volume although broke my nail on my 'a' finger so still waiting to find out what it sounds like with a full set of nails. :)

The guitar seems well built as well and has lovely pearloid tuning heads. I love the cream purfling around the edge and the mahogany back and sides are gorgeous. Well impressed.

CodyLam

Post by CodyLam » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:41 am

I own a Sanchez 1020 for some years, and I love it. Hard to find anything to beat it.

Kjeldahl

Post by Kjeldahl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:53 pm

I own the 1005 model :)

(and I love it too)

Dimis

Post by Dimis » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:32 pm

I own a Sanchez guitar for about ten years. I bought the 1035 model (about 1100 euro). I can say that I am quite satisfied, although I haven't tried many guitars. As mentioned above, the guitar has a lot of bass.
But now unfortunately I am trying to get it serviced but here in Greece, in Thessaloniki, there aren't any luthiers who specialize in making guitars. Most of them, if not all of them, make other instruments as well so up till now I had to take the guitar to 3 luthiers to get want I want. The third one seems to have made good job but there are still some problems that I would like for them not to be (have you understood what I said or my english is very bad?)

Return to “Luthiers”