Richard Howell cedar/Indian rosewood guitar mp3s wanted

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
ozdolphingirl

Richard Howell cedar/Indian rosewood guitar mp3s wanted

Post by ozdolphingirl » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:26 am

Hi folks,
I'm seriously considering purchasing a Richard Howell cedar & Indian rosewood guitar and was wondering if anyone here owns one and has any mp3 audio samples they would be willing to share? I've listened to the two audio samples on Richard's website and and was totally blown away, but I would love to hear more of what these beautiful instruments have to say before I commit to buying one.
Cheers,
Shelley

Springwood

Rihard howell Cedar/Rosewood

Post by Springwood » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:52 am

Hi Oz dolphin girl, As a fellow Oz ...I will plead guilty to owning the exact guitar you are considering....However I do not have any recorded music to post.sorry I dont have the facilities. to record yet.Have you spoken to Richard? He is very approachable and if he has access to any recordings I'm sure he would advise you or send copies.Irrespective of recordings or not let me assure you ,you will not regret a decision to purchase from him.I spent time chosing woods ,action and a very educational afternoon with him.Bombarding him with a million questions all of which he answered in his calm manner.I have been playing this instrument now for nearly a year and it continues to improve by the month.A wonderful full sound throughout the entire register.Although I'm sure he wouldn't admit it I'm am positive it is his favourite combination of materials......hope this helps in some way.

owl

Post by owl » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:07 pm

Hi Shelley... I have played my teachers cedar top Howell... a fantastic instrument... very Fleta sounding... warm and rich... great projection.
I agree with Springwood... you won't regret the purchase.
If you are still looking however several other luthiers to check out would be Simon Marty... Dan Kellaway and Kim Lissarrugue... all great luthiers.

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

rounie

Post by rounie » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:57 pm

the sound samples can be downloaded form the following websites-

http://www.howellguitars.com

http://www.guitarsalon.com under catagory of guitars 5000-10000us$-1 sound sample.

http://www.mauiguitar.com/rosewood_Guitar_HOWELL.htm
8 sound samples in various registers of the fretboard

if i could say,i would this, about richard howell & his guitars-just perfect in terms of sound and for the money& NOT ONLY IS HE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE& EXTREMELY POLITE -I would consider his guitars as the very top of the creamy layer of classical guitars-they will in my opinion virtually unobtainable in the future as his fame spreads 8)
Let Music Unite All............
Richard Howell No.408 Cedar/Indian-2007

Return to “Luthiers”