New Giovanni Tacchi - hommage to Daniel Friederich

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
ivan

Re: New Giovanni Tacchi - hommage to Daniel Friederich

Post by ivan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:54 pm

Hello Delcamp friends,

Here is the picture of the soundboard, with the fan braced inside.

And here is the explanation from Giovanni about his Friederich hommage :

"My first Daniel Friederich Hommage is based on the instrument number 656 from the year 1988, Cedar top, Indian RW body and Mahogany for the inside of the sides which are laminated. This guitar has been in the workshop for some time, giving me the opportunity to measure everything, take close up pictures and understand the idea that the Maestro wanted to express trough his work.

The original guitar had a bracing which was fully made in Cedar like the top; subsequently while traveling to Paris I had the chance to look inside a more modern instrument of the Maestro owned by one of the greatest guitar collectors in Paris, teacher at the conservatory and great friend of Friederich for many years. 

I think it was a 2008 model, maybe one of the Friederich that impressed me the most so far, the sound was sweet and the variety of colours that one could play seemingly infinite. After studying the instrument I decided to move towards this direction with the making of my future guitars.

The main differences between the first instrument I studied and the one I saw in Paris are the material in which the bracing is done (fully cedar vs fully spruce), a small bar placed on the treble side at 60 degrees of inclination towards the center and more material on the bars placed below the fretboard, the part of the top closer to the neck.

Me and my father analyze that these changes were the result of a series of experiments in which Friederich realised that:
- spruce is a tougher / stiffer material and will deform less with time giving the sound more brilliance and readiness
- closing the area of the fan with the 60 degrees bar would give more focus to the first three strings.
- making the lower part of the fretboard stiffer would bring advantages on the trebles, such as volume, definition, projection and sustain."

Any comments and questions are most welcomed!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dofpic

Post by Dofpic » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:29 am

Very interesting bracing. Looks like he is using both cedar and spruce for bracing and two cross braces versus one. When will she be done? Any more pics?
2006 Greg Byers(fan)2009 Eric Monrad(maple) 2018 Simon Ambridge Model 40 Satinwood. 2003 Tacchi Simplcio satinwood 2017 E. Bottelli 52 Hauser, 2002 Jeff Elliott spruce, 2017 Richard Reynoso, spruce/maple, 2015 Herman Hauser III(Cedar)2005 Tacchi Coclea

ivan

Post by ivan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:24 am

Jim,

This one has full spruce brace. But his first few guitars has full cedar brace (as he told on the story, they are based on 1988 Friederich that they have for some time in their Firenze workshop)
So my guitar will be quite different from the Giovanni Tacchi guitar owned by Zupfgeiger.

She will ready on approximately next 3 months. I will post more pictures in the next few days.. 😀😀

Jim, do you order Giovanni's guitar as well?
Last edited by ivan on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:21 pm

Ivan, I am sure you will enjoy your G. Tacchi Friederich copy very much. Mine was really fantastic, I only parted with her because I am nonetheless a spruce player. And Giovanni's Bouchet model, which I play as well, is spruce as good as it can get. But the new owner, an occasional delcamper, loves cedar and said that he had rarely played such a wonderful guitar. So be prepared for a positive surprise.
Fritz Ober, Torres/Hauser model, 2010, spruce/maple
Giovanni Tacchi, Bouchet model, spruce/BRAZ, 2018

ivan

Post by ivan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:38 pm

zupfgeiger wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:21 pm
Ivan, I am sure you will enjoy your G. Tacchi Friederich copy very much. Mine was really fantastic, I only parted with her because I am nonetheless a spruce player. And Giovanni's Bouchet model, which I play as well, is spruce as good as it can get. But the new owner, an occasional delcamper, loves cedar and said that he had rarely played such a wonderful guitar. So be prepared for a positive surprise.
Thanks Michael, i have very high expectation on this guitar because the last European guitar that came to my hands is extremely disappointing (and extremely expensive).
But i'm sure this one won't let me down. 😀

ivan

Post by ivan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:42 pm

More picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:24 am

ivan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:38 pm
zupfgeiger wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:21 pm
Thanks Michael, i have very high expectation on this guitar because the last European guitar that came to my hands is extremely disappointing (and extremely expensive).
But i'm sure this one won't let me down. 😀
Yes, I remember that story.
Fritz Ober, Torres/Hauser model, 2010, spruce/maple
Giovanni Tacchi, Bouchet model, spruce/BRAZ, 2018

Carlos

Post by Carlos » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:08 pm

Nice pictures! Really makes you feel like ordering one!

Would you mind sharing the price he asks for it (possibly in MP)?

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:17 pm

Tacchi doesnt use rod or carbon fiber in the neck?

ivan

Post by ivan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:13 am

Carlos wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:08 pm
Nice pictures! Really makes you feel like ordering one!

Would you mind sharing the price he asks for it (possibly in MP)?
Hello Carlos,
I will send you a PM. Please check your inbox

ivan

Post by ivan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:22 am

Gregory wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:17 pm
Tacchi doesnt use rod or carbon fiber in the neck?
Gregory,
For his signature coclea guitar, he use carbon fibre rods. My coclea thucea has 3 carbon fibre rods on the neck.
But i think for this Daniel Friederich hommage model, Giovanni doesn't put any carbon fibre rods because he use exactly same contruction system like the original Daniel Friederich guitar.

Arash Ahmadi

Post by Arash Ahmadi » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:27 am

I'm not jealous at all after reading Andrea's note... :o :wink:

It'd be nice to hear the sound of it when it's ready.
Becoming a great musician is about becoming a great human being.

"The duty of an artist is to take a demon and deliver an angel" (Dr. Elahi Ghomshei)

Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons

Post by Christopher Langley » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:31 pm

That is the nicest looking top I think I have ever seen.
My Recordings

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIXjqRtpseK-33zafCSUfVPpFWHgyh-LZ

Frederich

Post by Frederich » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:27 pm

Beutiful guitar! Very inspiring. All those posts made me think to start another Friedrich inspired, not copy guitar. It might be the last one since this is my last rosette of this kind.

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:44 pm

Frederich you sell this rosette???????

Return to “Luthiers”