New Giovanni Tacchi - hommage to Daniel Friederich

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
ivan

Re: New Giovanni Tacchi - hommage to Daniel Friederich

Post by ivan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:26 am

Bridge and tie block!!

What do you think??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ivan on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:42 am

Wenge bridge???special!!!when will be ready???

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:37 am

ivan wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:01 am
zupfgeiger wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:46 am
ivan wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:36 pm
Yes Gregory, it is Wenge. We decide to use Wenge for 2 reasons

1. It is Tacchi's favorite wood. On Andrea's coclea model, i have tried one with Brazilian, another one with Indian, and my own coclea with wenge. The Braz and Indian are both far less impressive than my wenge guitar. I'm not sure if it has something related with the Wenge, but it seems Andrea and Giovanni build very confidently with this wood. So i agree to use it as i want the best possible sound. The sound quality is always be my top priority.

2. CITES reason. I don't know if it is only happen in my country, but even the shipping courier like Fedex or DHL are asking for the CITES when receiving a guitar. Plus the legal custom department will also ask for CITES, Phytosanitary certificate, etc etc. It will give me lots of problems and cost me lots of money.
ivan, you are absolutely right concerning Andrea's confidence into the acoustic properties of Wenge. All Tacchi Wenge guitars I played were instruments with huge tone volume and resonance. But...last year I had the pleasure to play his famous 900cento guitar, a special Coclea Thucea he built together with Giovanni over some years (definitely not for sale). I not only played it in the workshop, but Andrea was kind enough to lend it to me over night, and I had the opportunity to play it extensively in my hotel room. I completely fell in love with the tone of this guitar which is fitted with Amazon rosewood, a very hard wood too, as Wenge. And the looks: just gorgeous. Hope to get one in the not too far future with back and sides cut from the same chunk. It's a very light coloured piece of wood. Visually and acoustically it will fit very good with the cedar top I opt for. No Thucea - and no additional sound holes. Just not my cup of tea. And the rosette will not be as fancy as the 900cento. More traditional style.
Congratulations for you new future cedar Coclea, Michael.
I'm totally with you about your more traditional taste. I will also ask for a more traditional aesthetic design for my future coclea (all spruce thucea) as I already have a fancy one on my Thucea. Haha :D

I will make a note about the Amazonian Rosewood and consult about about using this wood with Andrea. My top priority is always about the sound.
thanks ivan. Tal Hurwitz and Carlo Marchione play cedar Tacchi guitars. I played Tal's instrument once when he visited me in Brussels after a concert. The tone was gorgeous, very clear in a sprucy way, but nonetheless slightly different in the tone colours, bit warmer. Tal told me I couldn't go wrong with a cedar coclea.
Fritz Ober, Torres/Hauser model, 2010, spruce/maple
Giovanni Tacchi, Bouchet model, spruce/BRAZ, 2018

ivan

Post by ivan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:03 pm

Gregory wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:42 am
Wenge bridge???special!!!when will be ready???
Maybe around August - September, Gregory.

quixilver

Post by quixilver » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:47 am

ivan wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:09 pm
quixilver wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:52 pm
ivan wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:48 pm
Hello Delcamp friends.

Few updates!!

All comments and questions are most welcome.

Have a great weekend..
Looking great maestro Ivan!
Can't wait to sit down and listen to you playing this new guitar.
Bring your new Sato as well. I want to try. Hahahaha :lol:
Your luck, my Sato is in town and it stays at Bogi's for a bit of makeover :)
"After food, air and water, classical guitar is the next necessity of life."

1988 Kazuo Sato | 2005 Tobias Berg | 2007 Rolf Eichinger | 2014 Alexandru Marian | 2015 Christoph Sembdner | 2015 Antonio Raya Ferrer | 2016 Masaki Sakurai P.C.

quixilver

Post by quixilver » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:51 am

ivan wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:26 am
Bridge and tie block!!

What do you think??
Is it a 6-hole or 12-hole tie block, and is this an exact copy of Friederich's approach?

1988 Kazuo Sato | 2005 Tobias Berg | 2007 Rolf Eichinger | 2014 Alexandru Marian | 2015 Christoph Sembdner | 2015 Antonio Raya Ferrer | 2016 Masaki Sakurai P.C.

ivan

Post by ivan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:26 am

quixilver wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:51 am
ivan wrote:
Bridge and tie block!!

What do you think??
Is it a 6-hole or 12-hole tie block, and is this an exact copy of Friederich's approach?
6-hole i think. I don't know if it is an exact copy or not. The structure and construction system is based on 2008 Daniel Friederich that they have in their workshop for a while.
But Giovanni change few things (wenge instead of Indian RW), and the tie block is his own design. So maybe it would be appropriate to call this guitar as a personalised replica (Andrea also called his Bouchet model as 'personalised replica').

I don't mind at all if he change few things as long as it give me the best possible sound and overall quality. For me, it is far more important than some fantasy / fairy tales aspect.
Last edited by ivan on Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris Sobel
Luthier

Post by Chris Sobel » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:46 am

ivan wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:26 am
quixilver wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:51 am
ivan wrote:
Bridge and tie block!!

What do you think??
6-hole i think. I don't know if it is an exact copy or not. The structure and construction system is based on 2008 Daniel Friederich that they have in their workshop for a while.
But Giovanni change few things (wenge instead of Indian RW), and the tie block is his own design. So maybe it would be appropriate to call this guitar as a personalised replica (Andrea also called his Bouchet model as 'personalised replica').

I don't mind at all if he changed few things as long as it will give me the best possible sound and overall quality. For me, it is far more important than some fantasy / fairy tales aspect.
:bravo:
CE Sobel Guitars

ivan

Post by ivan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Headstock...
Currently on the varnishing process
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:02 pm

It is perfect...I would make that headstock only with cnc router..it is very beautiful..I want this headstock on my guitar...excellent..

ivan

Post by ivan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:27 pm

Almost finish!!

Andrea himself has carefully observing and checking everything on this guitar. And he said it sounds fantastic!

quixilver

Post by quixilver » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Looks fabulous!!
Can't wait to listen how it sounds.

Ricardo Meirinhos

Post by Ricardo Meirinhos » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:42 pm

Very very good work, a master work!

I really enjoyed knowing how to make that frieze on the periphery of the head. Is it done by hand?

CONGRATS!!

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:19 pm

I think Giovanni has a lot of talent...he will become a great luthier...congratulations..

Ricardo Meirinhos

Post by Ricardo Meirinhos » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:57 pm

Gregory wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:19 pm
I think Giovanni has a lot of talent...he will become a great luthier...congratulations..
:shock:

Return to “Luthiers”