Help. I need to identify model of a Jose Ramirez.

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
phazyme

Help. I need to identify model of a Jose Ramirez.

Post by phazyme » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:32 pm

Hi. Can anyone help me out, who has a knowledge of Jose Ramirez guitars. An associate of mine, has a 1965 Jose Ramirez. I must identify the model, in order to assess its value. The guitar will be for a sale at a fair, and discounted price. If anyone knows these guitars, please e mail me at plcmd@comcast.net, and I will send 8 photos of the guitar. Thank you very much.

Ramirez 1a Rio

Post by Ramirez 1a Rio » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:28 pm

No, noone can. :?

Pepe Vergara

Post by Pepe Vergara » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:29 pm

Can you post the pics here?

phazyme

Couldn't post pictures. BB won't let me. Too big.

Post by phazyme » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:51 pm

Hi, Pepe. Thanks for answering. I couldn't post them cause they are too large. I'd be happy to send them to anyone, who thinks they could identify the model of this 65' Jose Ramirez. Phazyme

nedim

Post by nedim » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:05 pm

I suggest you look at the label and try to see if the instrument is a "1a". This is the highest quality Ramirez of 1960's vintage. The label should carry the "1a" sign and the Ramirez signature. If not, check the Ramirez website http://www.guitarrasramirez.com/index-eng.htm for different labels, it might be a "2a" which means slightly more inferior quality of materials. 2a guitars are recognised by a red outline framing the label. They are also highly regarded. You can check the market value after you determine the model. Usually there are a number of Ramirez guitars for sale on e - b a y, these might give you an indication.

Good luck.

Return to “Luthiers”