G string on yamaha goes flat as you move up the fretboard?

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
jacoinmalawi

G string on yamaha goes flat as you move up the fretboard?

Post by jacoinmalawi » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:25 pm

hi, thanks for an awsome forum. the pieces on this forum has helped me alot because i dont have a teacher. this place is awsome

my dads got a 25+ years old yamaha g50 CG. and the g string-what i said in the title-. i think the problem is with the bridge., an old man fixed this guitar a while back(the head broke off in an accident) and he put a different bridge on, i think it was him. any way the bridge isnt hard plastic or bone or whatever. it looks like junk to me. i looked at the yamaha CGs at a guitar store(and no the dudes there are not to clever so they couldnt help me).
all the "yamaha" guitars have a funny little edge at the "G" string on the bridge :idea: . could this be the problem? if it is, where can i find a bridge like that online?

thanks again

Pepe Vergara

Post by Pepe Vergara » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:51 pm

Actually, as far as I remember, Yamaha was the first classical guitar I saw with compensated saddle (the bonny part or the brige --the wooden part). They work the support of the G string to make the string length larger and compensate for that large mass the G string has.

jacoinmalawi

Post by jacoinmalawi » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:35 pm

any one???

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:52 pm

"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Return to “Luthiers”