L. Arostegui Granados

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
Consiliere

L. Arostegui Granados

Post by Consiliere » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:33 pm

I've got my first reasonable guitar when I was 18 which was an instrument with a label fitted inside: L. Arostegui Granados - Madrid. I have been playing it for a couple of years but then I stopped playing at all. After some twenty years of retirement I just started playing again on the same instrument. I wonder what guitar is it at all, since I haven't got any information about the constructor although I still love this instrument. If anybody knows anything about this make please inform me! Thanks.

Tomas-Lobos

Post by Tomas-Lobos » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:03 pm

L. Arostegui Granados - Born in Granada in 1932. Now is located in Madrid. Started as cabinet maker. He studied with Manuel de la Chica and others. Settled in Madrid in 1960 and since then has been influenced by the Madrid school of builders. Builds more classicals than flamencos. Now he is the treasurer of the SPanish Society of the Guitar

Google turned up the above info.

Consiliere

Post by Consiliere » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:25 pm

Thanks T-L for this info. This is the only thing I had. I wanted to know a bit more about the master and his instruments. So if there is anybody who can supply me with something else please share with me.

Return to “Luthiers”