Seeking L.A. area luthier to install compensated saddle

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
ray3d

Seeking L.A. area luthier to install compensated saddle

Post by ray3d » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:40 pm

I recently posted a thread about a guitar with intonation problems on G#. I received several responses telling me that a compensated saddle and/or nut might solve my problem at a reasonable price.

I am looking for an L.A. are luthier with experience in such matters.
I am currently living in Burbank.

Allan

Post by Allan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:27 am

I think you're best bet in that area is Greg Brandt, he's around the North Hollywood section. Just do a google on his name, he has an extensive website. He's very experienced.

The other person I would recommend is Mike Peters, a luthier located in Playa del Rey. He's done a lot of work for me, the guy knows his stuff.

And of course there's German Vasquez Rubio, I understand he does repairs in addition to making guitars. You can google his site, I believe he's located just a few blocks off La Brea on Adams Street.

Good luck!

Allan

Rolls-Royce

Post by Rolls-Royce » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:38 pm

And there's also Pepe Vergara...

brassrat

Post by brassrat » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:41 pm

I see compensated CG saddles for sale on e - b a y.

Is there more to the saddle installation than adjusting the height by sanding to the proper height?

Or is there sanding of the string/saddle interface that's required?

MaximilianRG

Post by MaximilianRG » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:12 am

I have been thinking of getting a tusq nut and compensated tusq saddle for my new guitar. How much would a luthier charge to install and set it up? Are we talking double digit? Tripple digit? Or more?

Return to “Luthiers”