New guitar day

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
hendrix2430

New guitar day

Post by hendrix2430 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:09 pm

Hi, I originally wanted a Hanika 54PF, which I was about to order online, but today I came across the guitar below on sale at my local guitar store.

It's a Yamaha Handcrafted GC21, made in Japan. I A/B this guitar with several Alhambras, the 7P,8P and 10P. I found it superior, by quite a margin in fact.

I have been playing electric guitar for 12 or so years and have a couple high end electrics with me. However, this is my first classical, so this is new for me!
I have been looking for a quality instrument, not a super expensive guitar since electric guitar is my main focus. I think I may have found what I was looking for!

I did notice that this yamaha was much lighter than the others (suprisingly). It was louder too, with a more "percussive" sound.

I found the high end to be more defined and the bass to be tighter. It was interesting to notice that the Alhambras sounded nearly alike, although the price was quite different from one to the other. ;)

Since the guitars were all on sale, I got a good deal: 790 E with hardcase that comes with it! (it usually sells for over 1000 euros I believe...)

Just wanted to share this with you guys. I'm really happy right now. :)

Cheers from france!

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:03 pm

Hello Hendrix,

Thank you for sharing your happy day with us!

I hope you will have many, many joyful hours working with your new guitar,

Best wishes, V :D
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Return to “Luthiers”