I am waiting my bride from Vietnam

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
cerato

I am waiting my bride from Vietnam

Post by cerato » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:56 am

Dear friends,
With my friend in Vietnam has introduced to Giang Van Than luthier to built a new classical guitar with new design, I will welcome my pride tomorrow after 2 months for waiting.
Scale: 65 cm, Nut width: 53 mm, Top: solid westen red cedar; Back & sides: solid rosewood; Neck: maple; Fingerboard: ebony; Bridge: solid rosewood; Tuning machines: gold-plated; Finish: French polish.

Any of you has played, owned this guitar or classical guitar from Giang Van Than luthier?

My friend in Vietnam has sent some images about my pride:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cerato on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

at_leo_87

Re: I am waiting my bride from Vietnam

Post by at_leo_87 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:38 am

looks like a fine guitar!!! :okok:

2 months is pretty quick for a handmade guitar isn't it? still! i bet it felt likes years!
are you worried about humidity problems?

wbajzek

Post by wbajzek » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:06 am

A student in a class I help to teach has one of these. It is VERY beautiful. I haven't played it though and can't really comment on the sound based on the student's playing.

Guitune

Post by Guitune » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:05 am

I am interested.
What was the price ?

cerato

Post by cerato » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:24 am

I bought $ 700 (included: Korean case), I had checked several guitars with the same price in USA cannot compare with Than's guitar (my opinion), because a good guitar with handy draft at least are $3,000.
Hehhehe, My friend on plan to USA, coming soon.

Mirek

Post by Mirek » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:52 am

I'm happy with you :D
Looks really smashing! Does it sound equally good?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi Cerato,

Looks very nice! By the way, I see you've just joined us. Would you like to call in at the Introduce Yourself section some time and tell us a few words about yourself, so we can give you a proper welcome and pass on a few tips on how to get the best out of the forum? Hope to see you there.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Intune

Post by Intune » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:47 pm

Does Giang Van Than have a website? I can't seem to find one.
Thanks.
Intune
2010 Andres Marvi (cedar/Madagascar rosewood)

"...beware of all enterprises that require new clothes..." -- H.D. Thoreau

oski79

Post by oski79 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:56 pm

I see the guitar has an elevated fretboard. I'll look forward to your impressions after you get her!
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Emil Krasich

Post by Emil Krasich » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:45 pm

oski79 wrote:I see the guitar has an elevated fretboard. I'll look forward to your impressions after you get her!
Immediately reminded me of Byers' guitars due to the millenium neck design except for drastically different rosettes of course. Of course the question on everyone minds is whether they sound/play well. I've run into quite a few beautiful pieces of furniture over the years if you catch my drift.

aprayinbear

Post by aprayinbear » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:17 pm

:D

Congratulations on your beautiful new guitar. There's nothing like a guitar made especially for you! Hope you enjoy her for many years to come!

:bravo:

cerato

Post by cerato » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:28 am

Thanks all, :merci:

I have just got my bride 2 days ago, a beautiful bride made me happy. I don't think so a country as Vietnam can make a fine guitar, my pride have the beautiful design and sound is balance between treble and bass, easy to play. But it is a new one so that the sustain still not very well, I will testing a week and then recording a sound sampler to you.

cn90

Post by cn90 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Sure,

Post an MP3 in the forum!
Waiting to hear the sound.

cn90

Post by cn90 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:14 am

I guess you can play something simple like Adelita or Lagrima and upload it in the appropriate section of this forum.

cerato

Post by cerato » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:54 am

Thanks cn90, we don't have permission upload or add the links for download in this forum (except images).

Return to “Luthiers”