Dowland, John - Can She Excuse My Wrongs - Duo

Audio and video recordings of the works of John Dowland.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Dowland, John - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Dowland, John - My Lady Hunsdon's Puffe - D06 Lute Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
orazio59

Dowland, John - Can She Excuse My Wrongs - Duo

Post by orazio59 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Nel forum ho visto che c'è una versione per chitarra sola, eccovi una versione cantata. Diversi anni fa registrai questo brano con una mia amica svedese, mi ricordo che stavo preparando l'esame al 5 anno di conservatorio. L'esecuzione non è a livello professionale, ma accettabile.

In the forum I saw that there is a version for solo guitar, here is a version sung. Several years ago I recorded this track with my Swedish friend, I remember that I was preparing examination at 5 years of conservatory. The execution is not a professional, but acceptable.

See you
Paolo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vesuvio

Re: Dowland, John - Can She Excuse My Wrongs - Duo

Post by Vesuvio » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi Paolo,

I enjoyed that, thank you very much. I'm sure hearing this takes you right back to the moment the recording was made,

Best wishes, V :D :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:43 pm

That was great fun to listen to, Paolo!
:bravo:
She has a charming voice, and you play very rhythmically! I think the recording quality is very good. :casque:

I love these old recordings! I have posted a few myself, and so have a few other members. Mine are from my Senior Recital at the Conservatory 35 years ago. :shock:

Yours must be almost that old, too. (Your profile says you are 50). :wink:

Mine were from a reel to reel tape that I haven't been able to listen to for decades, until I recently found a neighbor who could put them on a disc for me. Was yours on a reel to reel?

I just found another tape of my audition to the Conservatory that must be at least 40 years old. I gave it to my neighbor a week ago, but haven't heard back from him yet. I'm curious, because the only piece I played on both occasions is "Capricho Árabe". It will be interesting to compare the difference in how I played it before and after 4 years of Conservatory training!

I wish we could put these recordings in the "Historical Recordings" sub-forum, but that's only for recordings that are over 50 years old. We're pretty close, though! :sage:

Thank you for sharing this. I've never heard the sung version before!

Alan

orazio59

Post by orazio59 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi, all
then I'll tell you ... we were asked to record from a singer for a small recording studio, we were not paid but we were given 10 minutes to record something. That day I had with me the sheet music of Dowland.
I played on a guitar of a friend, a Takamine economic model, very hard. We recorded two songs of Dowland, If My compliants and Can She Excuse My Wrongs. At that time 25 years ago and the girl I had fun playing for study, without any pretense, songs of Dowland and other English authors. As I remember only an old cassette tape now demagnetized, but fortunately poured time on digital media.

allora vi racconto...fummo chiamati a registrare da un cantante per un piccolo studio d'incisione, non fummo pagati ma ci vennero dati 10 minuti per registrare qualche cosa. Quel giorno avevo con me lo spartito di Dowland.
Suonai su una chitarra di un mio amico, una Takamine modello economico, molto dura. Registrammo 2 pezzi di Dowland, If My Compliants e Can She Excuse My Wrongs. In quel periodo 25 anni fa io e la ragazza ci divertivamo a suonare per studio, senza nessuna pretesa, brani di Dowland e altri autori inglesi. Come ricordo ho solo un vecchio nastro a cassetta ormai smagnetizzato, ma che fortunatamente riversai in tempo su supporto digitale.

Return to “Our recordings of John Dowland”