Dowland, John - Forlorn Hope Fancy - D10

Audio and video recordings of the works of John Dowland.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Dowland, John - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Dowland, John - My Lady Hunsdon's Puffe - D06 Lute Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Praeludium

Dowland, John - Forlorn Hope Fancy - D10

Post by Praeludium » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Hello,

this is a very powerful piece that I will be playing for an exam in about a week. Far from being perfect... I play without nails on a spruce guitar with aquila nylgut strings. Raw .mp3 from a video I shot this evening with a camera.

The music begins at 00:18.

Thanks for your patience..

edit : new version. It's still far from perfect : plenty of buzz, and some arpeggiated chords sound bad... I have to work on my left hand and my concentration now...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Praeludium on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cette dernière trahison m'a été également reprochée. Ce que je trouve à répondre, c'est:"merde aux conventions!"

- Ligeti

Erik Zurcher

Re: Dowland, John - Forlorn Hope Fancy

Post by Erik Zurcher » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Very nice! This is one of my favourite pieces and I know it is extremely difficult to play. Your tone is beautiful, but some of the notes were muffled. You still have another week to work on it. I wish you all the best on your exam.

Erik
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Praeludium

Post by Praeludium » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:20 am

Thanks !
I know, there is a whole beat which almost didn't sounded in the first part ^^ And I still have to correct many things in the second part. Anyway I usually play it slower (really slow ^^), because I like how it sounds when notes almost die in the first part.
I will work on that today (:
Cette dernière trahison m'a été également reprochée. Ce que je trouve à répondre, c'est:"merde aux conventions!"

- Ligeti

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:12 am

:bravo:
Nice performance. This is a lovely piece, it allows for a lot of emotional expression. My sound system is a bit out of kilter right now, so I really can't comment on your tone, dynamics or technique.
:merci:

Kay :sorride:
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

sandy

Post by sandy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:33 am

I'm not a professional, but I felt emotion in your playing. Also, you brought out the chromaticism of the piece very clearly. Wishing you the best as you perform.

Praeludium

Re: Dowland, John - Forlorn Hope Fancy - D10

Post by Praeludium » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:27 am

Thanks (: It went quite well. A member of the jury happened to have played the piece and he known it well ^^' but he told me what I did was fine.

- Ligeti

Return to “Our recordings of John Dowland”