Weiss, S. L. - Allemande SW-11 - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Sylvius Leopold Weiss.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Weiss, S. L. - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Weiss, S. L. - Fantaisie - D08 Baroque Lute Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
User avatar
Alain Cloutier
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Manawan Canada

Weiss, S. L. - Allemande SW-11 - Video

Post by Alain Cloutier » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:56 pm


Conall
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:26 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Weiss, S. L. - Allemande SW-11 - Video

Post by Conall » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:32 pm

Very nice.
Difficult to beat those basses!
I am waiting for an 11 string guitar, having used an 8 string for months.
Did it take you long to get used to the extra basses? Did you go directly from 6 to 13 strings?
Have you played much on your Thames guitar other than Weiss?

RobMacKillop
Posts: 3846
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Weiss, S. L. - Allemande SW-11 - Video

Post by RobMacKillop » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:39 pm

Very nice, Alain.

User avatar
Isabelle Frizac
Teacher
Posts: 1031
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:28 am
Location: France (Lorraine)

Re: Weiss, S. L. - Allemande SW-11 - Video

Post by Isabelle Frizac » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:03 pm

Bravo Alain, it 's always a great pleasure to listen to you play this beautiful music!

:bravo: :casque:
keep hope !
Bastien Burlot 2014" special anniversary" n°1, Pappalardo 1982, Antonio Ruiz Lopez 1974, and other instruments ...;-)

User avatar
joachim33
Posts: 950
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:21 pm
Location: Scania

Re: Weiss, S. L. - Allemande SW-11 - Video

Post by joachim33 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:37 pm

Very nice playing. Well done.

User avatar
Alain Cloutier
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Manawan Canada

Re: Weiss, S. L. - Allemande SW-11 - Video

Post by Alain Cloutier » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:40 am

Isabelle Frizac wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:03 pm
Bravo Alain, it 's always a great pleasure to listen to you play this beautiful music!

:bravo: :casque:
joachim33 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:37 pm
Very nice playing. Well done.
RobMacKillop wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:39 pm
Very nice, Alain.
:merci:

User avatar
Alain Cloutier
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Manawan Canada

Re: Weiss, S. L. - Allemande SW-11 - Video

Post by Alain Cloutier » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:50 am

Conall wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:32 pm
Very nice.
Difficult to beat those basses!
I am waiting for an 11 string guitar, having used an 8 string for months.
Did it take you long to get used to the extra basses? Did you go directly from 6 to 13 strings?
Have you played much on your Thames guitar other than Weiss?
:merci:

It took me maybe a year to get used to a multi-string. I started with a ten string with the idea of playing baroque music on it. It didn't take me long to realize that it was not suited for baroque lute music. I then decided to add a string and to tune it in d minor. That's the way to go! At least for me. It's very easy to learn to read the tabs and there is plenty of interesting music written for eleven courses, even some Weiss. I played mostly Weiss on the thirteen string but sometimes I try some other composers too.

Let us know of your progress with the eleven string!

Conall
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:26 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Weiss, S. L. - Allemande SW-11 - Video

Post by Conall » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:19 pm

Alain Cloutier wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:50 am
Conall wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:32 pm
Very nice.
Difficult to beat those basses!
I am waiting for an 11 string guitar, having used an 8 string for months.
Did it take you long to get used to the extra basses? Did you go directly from 6 to 13 strings?
Have you played much on your Thames guitar other than Weiss?
:merci:

It took me maybe a year to get used to a multi-string. I started with a ten string with the idea of playing baroque music on it. It didn't take me long to realize that it was not suited for baroque lute music. I then decided to add a string and to tune it in d minor. That's the way to go! At least for me. It's very easy to learn to read the tabs and there is plenty of interesting music written for eleven courses, even some Weiss. I played mostly Weiss on the thirteen string but sometimes I try some other composers too.

Let us know of your progress with the eleven string!
Thanks Alain, I will. I'm hoping it won't be too much of a shock going from my present 8 string to the 11 string because the 3 extra strings are floating open ones & I'm used to trying to using my ear & feel my way with the strings / resting on & damping bass strings rather than looking at them all the time.

Return to “Our recordings of S. L. Weiss”