Weiss, S. L. - Fantaisie - D08

Audio and video recordings of the works of Sylvius Leopold Weiss.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Weiss, S. L. - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Weiss, S. L. - Fantaisie - D08 Baroque Lute Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
cantemaza

Weiss, S. L. - Fantaisie - D08

Post by cantemaza » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:30 pm

It's been a while since I posted something so I thought I'd put this up. It was from a very hurried session (I recorded 15 pieces in an hour and a half to get a CD to my mom on mother's day last year) and my hands were tired afterwards. It's certainly not the cleanest and I do hit a few dampened strings but it is one of my old standby's when someone asks me to play. Anyway, let me know what you think.

I'll posting some other pieces soon that I recently recorded by Jacque Bittner from a suite in G minor. The prelude and allemande are very, very beautiful.

-Cantemaza de miye do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:59 pm

What a nice Mother's Day present!

thanks for posting it... I love this piece.

Ben K.

Post by Ben K. » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:42 pm

Hi Cantemaza,

This is also one of my favorites. The tone sounds great and the tempo is perfect. I look forward to hearing more.

Regards,
Ben

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:54 pm

Thank you, Cantemaza, this is a lovely performance and I have really enjoyed the chance to hear you play. :D Best wishes, V.

cantemaza

Re: Weiss, S. L. - Fantasia

Post by cantemaza » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:44 pm

Thanks you so much, everyone for the encouraging words. I've been playing for almost 20 years now and there are times when I do well and times when I don't get to play asmuch as I'd like, especially when you have a family. I would like to post more soon.

-Cantemaza de miye do (I am Ironheart)

Vesuvio

Re: Weiss, S. L. - Fantasia

Post by Vesuvio » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:02 pm

Hello Cantemaza,

Just noticed you were logged in—when you have time I am sure everyone would love to hear some more of your music,

Best wishes, V :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Return to “Our recordings of S. L. Weiss”