Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/02 - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Matteo Carcassi.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carcassi, Matteo - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Doraemon

Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/02 - Video

Post by Doraemon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Jeffrey Armbruster

Re: Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/02 - Video

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:16 am

I really admire how you play through these pretty long pieces with very few flubs. Here. there's one moment where you make a small flub and it doesn't affect you at all. Brilliant! Plus you've memorized the whole piece and play with no hesitation or memory lapses. Impressive.

I notice that you sometimes do something that I have to work on; namely, you tug on strings as you play them and cause them to bend. This indicates some tension in your left hand. At least, this is what my teacher has told me. Maybe I'm wrong! I'm told to work on a lighter touch.

Doraemon

Post by Doraemon » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:02 am

Jeffrey Armbruster wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:16 am
I really admire how you play through these pretty long pieces with very few flubs. Here. there's one moment where you make a small flub and it doesn't affect you at all. Brilliant! Plus you've memorized the whole piece and play with no hesitation or memory lapses. Impressive.

I notice that you sometimes do something that I have to work on; namely, you tug on strings as you play them and cause them to bend. This indicates some tension in your left hand. At least, this is what my teacher has told me. Maybe I'm wrong! I'm told to work on a lighter touch.
Thanks Jeffrey. I made many many mistakes and admittedly probably could/should have spent more time on it but I kind of wanted to move on to #3.

I'll ask my teacher about the string bending issue.

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:19 am

No, you made maybe one slight flub! I only mentioned it because I'm impressed at how unflappable you are--this is great. And you're moving very quickly through these studies! I hope that you enjoy #3; it seems like less of a 'study' and more musical than the first two. Lucy, who posted on your last video, has her own video where she performs this piece. And also Stephen Kenyon on this site (I hope I have this right!) has an excellent tutorial on it as well.

Oh, and there's a great analysis of the piece in the Analysis of Classical Guitar Works section here on the forum.

powderedtoastman

Post by powderedtoastman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:35 am

I can't see what your right hand is doing but you have a pretty good sound, so I can only assume that you have a pretty good stable right hand technique going on. Keep it up!

Return to “Our recordings of Matteo Carcassi”