Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/23 Etude - D06

Audio and video recordings of the works of Matteo Carcassi.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carcassi, Matteo - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Florentin Tise

Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/23 Etude - D06

Post by Florentin Tise » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:53 am

Here is a nice Carcassi study. I am still using my "old" recording set up, so I think it might be a little soft on a regular computer. I have four speakers on mine.

I hope you enjoy.

Gorobete, get the tomatoes... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

charlesivey

Post by charlesivey » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:00 am

Very nice -- quite well done.

Both you and Carcassi must be on steriods with Opus 60. You just have to love his studies! Now I want to hear Coste' Etude in A.
CI

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler" A. Einstein

Florentin Tise

Post by Florentin Tise » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:12 am

Yes, I like to play studies. Most of them are NOT recital work, but that is allright. They focus specifically on a few specific techniques.

My right-hand warm up piece in college was Carcassi Op.60 #2. I should put that on here too, but it is too easy. I don't want people to laugh at me... :)

tomc

Post by tomc » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:35 am

I listened to it 3 times so it must have grown on me. What good is art if it is not infinitely reconsummable? Bravo Florentin! :D

Rayner

Post by Rayner » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:01 am

Well done!! Nice recording!

Redserpent

Post by Redserpent » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:53 am

Nice to hear you again Florentin. That recording quality was very good on my pc. Lovely playing.

Red

Gorobete

Post by Gorobete » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:09 am

Hey Florentin!

No tomatoes this time :D!

I must tell I feel more color than usual from you. I am not a Carcassi fan, you know I play only what I like, no homework :), but thisone sounds very good to me! I know you don't want to performe like "Segovia style", but sometimes you must let your feelings go.
It is a great study for legatto, no? I like the inflexions on the bass ligne.

I enjoyed a lot. Thanks!
Lucian

anathem

Post by anathem » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:36 pm

good work mate!

Florentin Tise

Post by Florentin Tise » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:51 pm

thank you all

Gorobete: I know what you mean. I would like to hear Segovia play this, but I don't think he ever recorded it... :shock: I have his CD with only Etudes, and I love it actually. I listened to it about 5000 times.

red: I'm glad to hear it sounds ok on your computer. I've been trying to improve my recording set up, but there are so many options I don't know which way to go, so I am still where I started. :)

thank you all for listening

hav

Post by hav » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:57 pm

Hey Flo :okok: - first thing I listened to this morning --- feel like I need to get up and jog around the desk a couple of times :lol: well done!

krani

Post by krani » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:46 pm

nice, well done

Florentin Tise

Post by Florentin Tise » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:37 pm

hav wrote:Hey Flo :okok: - first thing I listened to this morning --- feel like I need to get up and jog around the desk a couple of times :lol:
hav: yeah, and Kicker's gonna chase you down... or is he taking a "rug bath" in the other room, again?... :)

hav

Post by hav » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:07 pm

:grire: ACTUally - "Kicker" is me - and, though I have been known to chase my own tail from time to time, the other is Kick-kick (but yeah - I got it HA HA HA HA and he WOULD think my jogging around the desk was an invitation to play chase HA HA HA HA

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:35 pm

oh yes Florentin, the sound is great on the media player. Perhaps you will be re-recording your Bach Allemande - BWV996 this way too?
Great recording,

Russ :)

Florentin Tise

Post by Florentin Tise » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:06 pm

hav: I am sorry, I had the names wrong. silly me.

russell: thank you. I probably should re-do the Allemande. It's funny though, I used the same "setup" as this one. It is my built-in mic.

Hmm.

Return to “Our recordings of Matteo Carcassi”