Carcassi, Matteo - Andantino Grazioso - 1/50 exercises

Audio and video recordings of the works of Matteo Carcassi.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carcassi, Matteo - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Steve Kutzer

Carcassi, Matteo - Andantino Grazioso - 1/50 exercises

Post by Steve Kutzer » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:30 pm

Well, I realize I pretty much have no business posting this. I started in September, so I don't even meet the guidelines for this section ("If you have been playing for 1, 2 or 3 years"), but one of my presents this year was a pocket recorder, and I found the exercise of trying to play a decent recorded version to be a good one.

So here it is. This is this week's assignment, and I've only been playing it for 2 days. OK, enough excuses!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

owl

Re: Carcassi 1/50 exercises - Andantino Grazioso

Post by owl » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:50 pm

Steve Kutzer wrote:Well, I realize I pretty much have no business posting this.
Of course you do... you are a classical guitarist... it's just that most players don't feel confident enough to post after such a short time.

Congratulations Steve... very well done :okok:
Your teacher should be pleased with your efforts :bravo:
Let's have more from you.
:merci: for playing for us

Joy in the music
Owl
PS. What is the recorder? It sounded really good.
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

hav

Post by hav » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:36 am

come on Steve !! that was terrific! I think you sell yourself short - and, as owl said - many folks here never post anything.

I always found the best way to improve was peer review and the give and take that naturally happend when several of us played the same piece and compared notes (ppardon). PLEASE post more when you're ready! This is one of the main reasons delcamp works so well for us all!!

cardamomo

Post by cardamomo » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:59 pm

Yeah Steve! Such a good recording and playing you give us here!
First of all thank you for sharing, for your time and yes, :mp3svp: more!!!!

Cardamomo

Steve Kutzer

Post by Steve Kutzer » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:23 pm

Thanks for the feedback. The CG is so nice in that you can make music (or at least musical sounds) at an early stage and there's plenty of repetoire at all levels. I don't imagine any of us ever "running out".

As for the recording device, it is an M-Audio Microtrack. About the size of a pack of cards. You can attach good mikes to it, but I just used the included T-mic. It writes WAV files to compact flash, which you can upload to the PC any time you want. This might be a good device for someone who doesn't want to have to do a lot on the PC. I am looking forward to using it to record practice sessions and lessons.

Florentin Tise

Post by Florentin Tise » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:55 pm

Nice playing Steve. Thank you for sharing with us.
Keep it up!

:)

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:59 pm

Nice job Steve! I like the way you play it.

(I was listening through my headphones and it only seems to be recorded on the left channel... You might want to check your connections and/or how you save the file. )

M_J

Post by M_J » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:16 pm

You made good progress in 2 days!

well done :D

sounds like useful little devise.

Mary

mike_hudson

Post by mike_hudson » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:56 pm

Hey Steve ! thanks for keeping Virginia on the CG map :lol: and I really like what you're doing with the exercises - I have often wondered if it would be OK to post them and the concensus seems to be that it most definately is - keep'em coming man- they're very nice and for those of us working on the same stuff, it gives us a model to listen to. CU on the forum, Mike

Steve Kutzer

Post by Steve Kutzer » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:15 pm

mike_hudson wrote:Hey Steve ! thanks for keeping Virginia on the CG map :lol: and I really like what you're doing with the exercises - I have often wondered if it would be OK to post them and the concensus seems to be that it most definately is - keep'em coming man- they're very nice and for those of us working on the same stuff, it gives us a model to listen to. CU on the forum, Mike
Thanks Mike! And yes, I treat the "Your First MP3" section as our beginner's playground. I'll try to post the Segovia 3 I'm working on this sometime this long weekend.

john_mark

Great job

Post by john_mark » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:11 am

You played this piece well Steve. And that's one mean pocket recorder you got for Christmas. It sounded pretty good. Keep them coming.

upucci

Post by upucci » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:40 am

Hi Steve

That was very nice playing!! I loved it! I wish I could have enough courage to post after such a short time playing cg. :)

upucci

Post by upucci » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:41 am

Hi Steve

That was very nice playing!! I loved it! I wish I could have enough courage to post after such a short time playing cg. :)

Return to “Our recordings of Matteo Carcassi”