Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/02 Etude - D06

Audio and video recordings of the works of Matteo Carcassi.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carcassi, Matteo - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Steve Kutzer

Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/02 Etude - D06

Post by Steve Kutzer » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:42 pm

Here's my lesson this week (and probably for weeks to come - it's a toughie). I told myself I would only record it 5 times and pick the best. So my first run through was best, but I had messed up my setup and recorded silence. Next, the parrot starts his piercing chirp. Then almost through and the phone rings. Then, this one. And finally the puppy woke up.

I recorded without the repeat because who knows, maybe a Rhino would show up or something. Or a lamb skipping rope :mouton:

This is a good piece for beginners... gets you up and down the fretboard. And for me, the challenge is always the transition into the E7 chords.

Anyway, thanks for listening and commenting. The latter is most welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

john_mark

Nice job

Post by john_mark » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:08 am

Your recording quality was just right except I had some cracking sounds in the first 10 seconds coming out of my left speaker. I don't know what could have caused that. You have the piece worked up well and I found your performance of it to be up to par. And like I said, the sound quality outside of the first 10 seconds was excellent too. Great job, and thank you for posting it.

owl

Post by owl » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:03 am

Hi Steve... another great effort :okok:
I just said to Mike that he was going from strength to strength... I say the same to you... keep up the good work :bravo:

Like John I heard what seemed to be a short burst of static, just in those first few seconds... however, it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the piece.
:merci: for playing, and keep sharing.

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

mika

Post by mika » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:39 am

i enjoyed this, thank you for posting, steve!

:bravo:

Now you play the next ones of the opus 60?

Steve Kutzer

Post by Steve Kutzer » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:05 pm

Thanks, and sorry about the static! Not sure what happened, but will re-record when I have a quiet moment here at the zoo.

hav

Re: Carcassi: Opus 60 no 2

Post by hav » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:34 pm

Steve Kutzer wrote:...I recorded without the repeat because who knows, maybe a Rhino would show up or something. Or a lamb skipping rope :mouton:...
:grire: :grire: :grire:
I know THAT feeling Steve - but I FINALLY have KK trained to where he just wonders around in the videos :grire:

That was qiute good Steve - wow - and it's not the easiest carcassi for sure!! Very nicely played! Thanks!!

Also, thanks for adding this one - I don't think we have this one elsewhere - do we? --- mmmm - maybe so - not sure :roll:

upucci

Post by upucci » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:05 pm

Hi Steve, and very nice playing! I enjoyed listening to the piece and your playing!! Congrats! :) Thanks for posting it.

mike_hudson

Post by mike_hudson » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:12 am

Hey Fredericksburg (Steve) :wink: Great piece and one that I can use to get me up the fretboard more often (I do tend to wimp out and play in the lower positions :oops: I'd like to have a teacher myself, kinda tough going it alone ...thought I had found one this past summer and we got started on the Parkening Vol. I, then he got too busy to take private students - well, maybe next year. Anyway, I had not heard this Carcassi piece before and I really it - Nice job and aint the recording a PITB ? :roll: CU, Mike

flamenco diablo

Post by flamenco diablo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:39 am

Great job on the piece, I'd like to see even more emotion in the playing.

Alan Green

Post by Alan Green » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:53 pm

I got some static at the start, too, but it didn't spoil the piece.

Nicely done.

Alan

achilleas

Post by achilleas » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:28 pm

nice played. This a good piece for exercising techique.

Steve Kutzer

Post by Steve Kutzer » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:40 pm

achilleas wrote:nice played. This a good piece for exercising techique.
Thanks, and yes I agree! This has become my warm up piece. Just the right amount of stretching with a couple of decent shifts to practice finger agility and independence but overall comparatively simple.

I have been working on Sor study Segovia #3 for two weeks now and I can get nowhere near speed. I bought the David Tanenbaum "Estudios" CD that has the Segovia/Sor studies and the Carcassi opus 60. I can play along with the Carcassi, but man is this Sor study killing me!

Ben K.

Post by Ben K. » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:28 am

Hi Steve,

I really enjoyed this recording. I was particularly impressed by the evenness of tone and volume you get on the repeated notes on the same string.

-Ben

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:43 pm

Good.

I also started to play carcassi's opus 60 etudes now. Good practice and not easy...

etude_

Post by etude_ » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:58 pm

Very nicely done. The only advice I'd give is to concentrate on keeping the tempo even at the end of every measure where the notes repeat. It sounds like you had a tendency to speed up *slightly* on those parts. What RH fingering are you using on the repeated notes? I think it's written as MAMA although I've also seen it written as IMIM. This is a great study for the RH however you play it. Good job!

Return to “Our recordings of Matteo Carcassi”