Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/07 Etude - D06

Audio and video recordings of the works of Matteo Carcassi.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carcassi, Matteo - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
unforgiven

Post by unforgiven » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:42 pm

Thanks Cardamomo for the complements. You were the main motivation for me giving this a try. It was really fun and I think I will be less nervous the next time I try this.

cardamomo

Post by cardamomo » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:54 pm

Good, that's very kind of you!

Now let's try an post something new... I'm studying Fernando Sor's Leçon 6, Op. 60, and I have a lot of troubles with the tempo... it seems to me that it slips away every time, i.e. I can't keep it regular.

Anyway, I'm trying hard and something (?) will come out in the few next days.

Goodnight, I'm going to sleep!

Cardamomo :zzz:

sa1nt_dave

Post by sa1nt_dave » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:51 am

Just listened to it! That was a cool effort, your guitar has a nice tone unforgiven

unforgiven

Post by unforgiven » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:31 pm

sa1nt_dave wrote:Just listened to it! That was a cool effort, your guitar has a nice tone unforgiven
Thank You!

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:57 am

Hi Unforgiven, I thought I had heard this same piece elsewhere in the forum. Shows how good it is, instantly recognisable. Very good. :)
I notice we often have different titles for the same pieces, and I presume that is because they are also published that way?

Tom C's performance version is in the "Your interpretations in MP3" as Matteo Carcassi Etude 7 Op 60

viewforum.php?f=20

Russ :)

unforgiven

Post by unforgiven » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:40 am

Thanks Russell. I heard Tom C's version. I only hope to be able to play it as well as him one day.

apollo335

Not Bad

Post by apollo335 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:06 am

Not Bad, but keep practicing keep these things in mind (Nothing personal, just constructive criticism)

-try to maintain a good tone
-Break it down measure by measure, then by phrases
-try to play with No buzzes
-learn it very slow,( if you can't plat it slow, you can't play it fast)
-No pauses,
-Practice then piece then perform the pice; don't perform the piece and then perform the piece.

kaveman

etude no ?

Post by kaveman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:59 pm

sorry if this is too off topic! I noticed that this piece is indicated as study no 9 in the facsimile by CD sheet music. All recordings of this piece that I have indicate that it is study no 7. What is correct here?

Thanks in advance!
-Brett

edit: I got the facsimile from ribs and found that it should be numbered 7. Oh well! those who have the cd sheet music cd should be aware! :)

sjw56

Post by sjw56 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:37 am

Unforgiven, your playing sounds great to me. I have only just started playing and if I can sound even just close to that within a year or so I will be over the moon. Recordings like this give me the inspiration to keep practising hard. Thanks.

Return to “Our recordings of Matteo Carcassi”