Carcassi, Matteo - Andante - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Matteo Carcassi.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carcassi, Matteo - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
3djake

Carcassi, Matteo - Andante - Video

Post by 3djake » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:41 pm

A few timing mistakes, recorded this at my Dads and forgot to bring the sheet music and CD so that I could get it right before we recorded it but I still like it even with if I do play a measure wrong.

KeMe

Re: Carcassi, Matteo - Andante - Video

Post by KeMe » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:05 pm

:merci:
Thank you for sharing your music with us, Jake.
I always enjoy listening/watching our members play. I like this piece, what book are you playing from?

Kay :sorride:
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

3djake

Post by 3djake » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:13 am

Thanks KeMe

This is from Suzuki Guitar Book 2, my tutor is a experienced Suzuki teacher so I decided to go with what he was experienced with even tho he gave me a number of options.

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:11 am

I have the first 3 of the Suzuki guitar method books. There is a lot of great literature in those books, it is a fantastic teaching method.
There's a guitar teacher in Houston who uses the Suzuki method. I've never watched her teach, but I'd love to. I don't believe that she teaches large groups of students, though. I think she only teaches 1 on 1 and I teach large groups of students in a couple of guitar orchestras. I think that I may take a look at that 1st book again.

Kay :sorride:
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

3djake

Post by 3djake » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 am

my tutor also teaches 1 on 1, which is what I prefer. He does teach large groups during school holidays which means I miss out on lessons for w a few weeks.

I like the Suzuki method a lot, I recently got a piano which I am learning as a side project and decided to use the Suzuki books for that too.

I do not have experience playing guitar with others but I am going to start my tertiary education in music this year so I will have to learn as one of the classes is collaborative performance. To be honest the idea of playing with others is a little intimidating and I just hope I can do it lol.

stanjun

Post by stanjun » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:45 am

NIcely played sir :bravo:

Return to “Our recordings of Matteo Carcassi”