Carcassi, Matteo - Sautillante - D03

Audio and video recordings of the works of Matteo Carcassi.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carcassi, Matteo - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
F (i Li) P

Carcassi, Matteo - Sautillante - D03

Post by F (i Li) P » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:28 pm

I just had a look on the list posted by syl... just a few more level 3 pieces and we're done... anyway, here's Sautillante... oh, now it came to me: this is my first recording with nails :D ... do you notice any change? it is good/bad?... oh, and at the end (again) there are some little things I don't like (big brother was shouting at me again :wink: )... well... what do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uncle Jeb

Post by Uncle Jeb » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:28 pm

Well I for one think you made a very nice recording. These pieces sound very familiar to me as I played them from Carcassi's method some time ago. Except for a couple of missed notes in there this is just great! As far as nails go I did notice that the higher notes seem a little too trebly but that could be the recording. Just curious, do you keep your nails rather long or very close to the flesh? Not everybody does it the same way but I start out with the flesh of the fingertip and release with the nail for a fuller sound. There are many schools of thought on that topic. :)

Congrats on a great submission! :fume: :applauso:

Abd El Ghani AZZI

Post by Abd El Ghani AZZI » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:07 pm

Hi mates!
On the trebly sound point, I go with unclejeb's opinion...
But i'm tempted to ask what strings you use, rather low tension they must be. They sound more frosted than the standard polished nylon strings. Are they?

F (i Li) P

Post by F (i Li) P » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:14 pm

hey guys, first of all, thanx :D ... I try to keep my nails short. their about 0,5 mm from the fingertip... and the strings, they are D'Addario J47, normal tension...

mike_hudson

Post by mike_hudson » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:07 pm

Greetings ! Carcassi is excellent for developing technique and fun to play at the same time ! This is a well known piece and is one of my favorites - Thanks for posting it - it will make me go back to my Carcassi book and play around in there for a while. Keep'em coming !
:casque: Mike

Return to “Our recordings of Matteo Carcassi”