Carcassi, Matteo - op.59 Allegretto non troppo - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Matteo Carcassi.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carcassi, Matteo - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Halil Akaydin

Carcassi, Matteo - op.59 Allegretto non troppo - Video

Post by Halil Akaydin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:52 pm

Recorded myself today playing Allegretto non troppo from Carcassi Opus 59. Almost lose it around the 40 second mark :chaud:

Smith

Re: Carcassi, Matteo - op.59 Allegretto non troppo

Post by Smith » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:01 am

That was terrific, I enjoyed that! I am amazed that you made a video already. I got bogged down in the recording subforum, dithering over how to record myself. I realized I don't need more gear right away--I'm just going to use my iPhone5 and get in the game. I have to figure out how to do that. What did you use?

Halil Akaydin

Re: Carcassi, Matteo - op.59 Allegretto non troppo - Video

Post by Halil Akaydin » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Thanks! To tell the truth, I get a little nervous playing in front of the camera. :) I wanted to join in the fun though, so here I am.

I used a Zoom Q3HD but I think an IPhone would produce a similar result. Check out the 'Home Brew Music' blog. Lots of useful info there.

Bottom line: I'm glad I took the plunge. It makes things more real to know you're going to give a little performance that others will see.

So, go for it!

Smith

Post by Smith » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:23 am

Hi again, thought I'd check on you. The videos you recommended we're really cool. Did you see the slow spooky version of the Sor/Segovia #5 in B minor? Great sound!.

Also, if you are up for it check out the Jason Vieux school at Artist Works. I'm there. It is even affordable. There is a thread here about it--Jason Vieux School Review. Rock on.

Halil Akaydin

Post by Halil Akaydin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:00 pm

I believe I have seen that one and it's great. I really like his playing and his videos are a great learning tool, I think.

The online courses seem like a really great deal. I've been really tempted to try one, but right now I've got a bunch
on my plate with Carcassi op. 59 and random pieces I want to learn. Plus lately my left elbow, shoulder, wrist, and hand
have been killing me. I think I over did it with the practice. I need to get that figured out.

But I plan to record another little video soon.

Smith

Post by Smith » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:31 pm

I think you owe it to yourself to at least go to the ArtistWorks website and look around.

Return to “Our recordings of Matteo Carcassi”