Carcassi, Matteo - op.59 Allegretto - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Matteo Carcassi.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carcassi, Matteo - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Halil Akaydin

Carcassi, Matteo - op.59 Allegretto - Video

Post by Halil Akaydin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Sorry for the low volume. I need to figure out how to record properly with the devices I'm using.
Anyway, I'm continuing to work through the Carcassi method. I think this needs to be played faster
but it's what I can manage right now. Thanks for watching. :)

Smith

Re: Carcassi, Matteo - op.59 Allegretto - Video

Post by Smith » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:50 pm

That was great. I really liked that! The sound is about the same as what I get. It ain't hi-fi but it gets the point across. The video angle is good. The natural light is good too. I am jealous of the natural light because I live in a basement apartment, so I have to use lamps.
I never played Carcassi growing up but I sure appreciate him now. I am working on Opus 60 no 3. Thanks for posting this.

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:55 pm

Very nicely played. I thought the tempo was acceptable. You put some effort into your interpretation and I appreciate that. The sound level could have been better, but I could hear it fine by turning up the volume a little. I hope you do more.

:merci:
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Peter_Mortelmans

Post by Peter_Mortelmans » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Nice piece and well played. Imho, you can make it sound even better if you play with your right hand a bit further away from the bridge.

Halil Akaydin

Post by Halil Akaydin » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Thanks everyone for the comments.

I'm experimenting with right hand placement. It's seems I have a habit of playing with my right hand over the sound hole
or even closer to the fretboard so I purposefully tried to play with it closer to the bridge. I think it may be a little louder this
way, definitely brighter. But yes, I need to experiment. Ideally, I would have full control to move the right hand around as
needed for whatever sound is needed for a particular part of a piece.

Smith

Post by Smith » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: RH I would recommend the arm sock when wearing shortsleeves. It looks funny but it works. Or wear long sleeves. As I practice Carcassi Etude3 I follow my teacher's example: ie. start the bass of each arpeggio at the back of the sound hole and finish the soprano of each arpeggio close to the fretboard, so the right forearm is sliding back and forth across the bout throughout the piece.

Halil Akaydin

Post by Halil Akaydin » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:54 pm

Always wondered what those arm socks were for :) Never put two and two together.

Return to “Our recordings of Matteo Carcassi”