Carulli, Ferdinando - Etude

Audio and video recordings of the works of Ferdinando Carulli.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carulli, Ferdinando - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carulli, Ferdinando - op.034/02 Largo - D07 Duo Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Tonesnob72

Carulli, Ferdinando - Etude

Post by Tonesnob72 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:31 am

I am just posting these as my teacher has me learn them. I haven't heard most of theses before I am learning them ,which probably won't help my interpretation but I figured I'd post them anyway. Hope you like

Joel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sandan

Re: Ferdinando Carulli : Etude

Post by Sandan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:27 am

That's a beautiful Etude, you really play it very well.

I've never heard this one before, thank you for sharing it with us.
:bravo: :merci:

San

mverive

Post by mverive » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:55 am

Tonesnob72 wrote:I am just posting these as my teacher has me learn them. I haven't heard most of theses before I am learning them ,which probably won't help my interpretation but I figured I'd post them anyway. Hope you like

Joel
Joel,

This is a nice piece, and your tempo gives it a much more relaxed feel than I am used to playing it. This is in the "39 Progressive Studies..." book, with accompanying Ben Bolt CD (track 17). His tempo is at least Andantino, and I have even heard it allegro or allegretto. I believe that once you get more comfortable with it, you'll pick up the tempo.

But, you have nice tone, and clean playing already. Speed will come, so please don't sacrifice quality for speed.

Mike
"(P)Lay on, MacDuff, And damn'd be him that first cries, 'Hold, enough!'"

Tonesnob72

Post by Tonesnob72 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:31 am

You know I think before I will begin to learn the song I should start trying to hear them first. It would be helpful because I am unsure about these things. Thanks again and I like this song quite abit. I told my instructor I wanted to play the third movement of La Catedral for my concert piece but started thinking I bit off way more than I could chew and now he wants me to play all three movements :( . I don't think I could pull it off clean and confident in front of a crowd and I thought the first movement would be easy, my left arm is definitely hurting after trying to repeat those stretches and my high action. Maybe I am still weak from not playing but I have never had action so high on a guitar before and people keep saying that it's normal for classical.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:01 am

Hi Joel,

Thank you very much for the recording, I enjoyed it—all the more because I really don't think I have heard the piece before,

Best wishes, V :) :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Rockasaurus

Post by Rockasaurus » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:08 pm

I am a little bit familiar w/ this piece. I think it is in one of the Noad books.
I like what you did with it, I like the tone, and, for me, inspirational.
Sounds to me like you're on the right track.

Keep up the good work,

Roxor

Elijah

Post by Elijah » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi Joel!

It is a very beatiful Carulli's piece.
I listened to your play several times and compared to the score.
I like your rendition. Very nicely played. :bravo:
Thank you! :merci:

Elijah

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:22 am

:bravo:
Great performance Joel!
I love this piece for the finger position patterns that it uses and it's terrific for a right hand workout. This is the piece that my granddaughter played in her recital. I don't think that she ever got it up to tempo, but....slow is good, too.
I really enjoyed getting to hear you play this piece.
Thank you.
:merci:

Kay :sorride:
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

Return to “Our recordings of Ferdinando Carulli”