Carulli, Ferdinando - Andante - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Ferdinando Carulli.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carulli, Ferdinando - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carulli, Ferdinando - op.034/02 Largo - D07 Duo Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
hilkat

Carulli, Ferdinando - Andante - Video

Post by hilkat » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:37 pm

edmortguitar

Re: Carulli, Ferdinando - Andante - Video

Post by edmortguitar » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:42 pm

A nice little study very well played at just the right tempo, great stuff,Sir.I like your wee dog's layed back attitude, obviously a classical guitarfan!

Cary W

Post by Cary W » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:45 am

Thanks for the video! You have all the notes, now just add a little phrasing and dynamic variation, and you're there. I notice you have a very confident right hand, leave as is. Your left wrist seems bent much of the time, when in fact you can reach those notes without bending the wrist. Don't be shy to allow your left thumb to creep up higher, even to be visible above the fingerboard. Some of the old methods say the thumb has to always be invisible, but we have all moved beyond that.

Looking forward to your next video.

Cheers,
Cary
2008 Yamaha GC31C Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ46
1987 Yamaha GC-3 Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ45

hilkat

Post by hilkat » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:31 am

edmortguitar wrote:A nice little study very well played at just the right tempo, great stuff,Sir.I like your wee dog's layed back attitude, obviously a classical guitarfan!
thank you very much edmortguitar.

hilkat

Post by hilkat » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:37 am

Cary W wrote:Thanks for the video! You have all the notes, now just add a little phrasing and dynamic variation, and you're there. I notice you have a very confident right hand, leave as is. Your left wrist seems bent much of the time, when in fact you can reach those notes without bending the wrist. Don't be shy to allow your left thumb to creep up higher, even to be visible above the fingerboard. Some of the old methods say the thumb has to always be invisible, but we have all moved beyond that.

Looking forward to your next video.

Cheers,
Cary
you're right cary. this video is quite old, couple of months passed. now i'm a little bit able to add phrase while playing. a year ago, my right hand was a huge problem for me. i worked a lot to be confident on it and succeeded. now i work on my left hand, it's harder but in time it 'll be ok.
i'll try to correct my thumb the way you said.
thanks a lot.

Return to “Our recordings of Ferdinando Carulli”