Giuliani, Mauro - Study

Audio and video recordings of the works of Mauro Giuliani.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Giuliani, Mauro - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Giuliani, Mauro - op.033/10 Écossaise - D02 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
BFGuitar

Giuliani, Mauro - Study

Post by BFGuitar » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:32 pm

My fascination with Guiliani continues!
Heres a little catchy one that I found in my big book of guitar music. Sorry about the deep breath at that D7, when ever I swell or crescendo I tend to do that.

Again, 3rd fret capoed so it would sound like Guiliani's guitar.

The ending required me ot dampen the open E and A strings, an excellent and valuable excersise I must say, enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:59 pm

Very nicely done! I though this had a lot of punch and base and I really enjoyed the way you tackled it—a good model for when I'm feeling braver. Thank you for making it available. Best wishes, V.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:15 pm

That was smokin' :fume:

You're really ripping through those G studies~! :chitarrista:

BFGuitar

Post by BFGuitar » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:23 pm

Hahah ive already learnt two more, I just havent recorded them :D

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:09 pm

BFGUITAR wrote:Hahah ive already learnt two more, I just havent recorded them :D
You are a madman!! :kap:

Welkya

My favorite

Post by Welkya » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:35 am

Guiliani is my favorite.
This sounds like the Allegreto Opus 30, but either your speed and interpretation are unique or all others play it slower. I love it. Can you point us to the music sheet or upload it. I love the other study you play also. The file name is listed as this one just a space bar difference. If this is the same as the one on Mr. Delcamp's list ... Looove it!

THANKYOUMUCH!

mverive

Post by mverive » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:16 am

Nicely done! A bit faster than I usually play it, but I think your interpretation illustrates what Guiliani was aiming for - a nice mix of right finger and thumb work (I like to joke that I'd like Guiliani's fingers and Sor's thumb, but this piece has Guiliani working both!).

kshri

Post by kshri » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:57 am

I'm confused as to why you would use the capo? I think he used Fabricatore and Stauffer guitars (standard tuning) with the exception of his Op. 30 Guitar Concerto in which he used the Terz guitar.

BFGuitar

Post by BFGuitar » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:31 pm

kshri wrote:I'm confused as to why you would use the capo? I think he used Fabricatore and Stauffer guitars (standard tuning) with the exception of his Op. 30 Guitar Concerto in which he used the Terz guitar.
1) Because I didnt know better
2) Because I think it sounds better :D

Tonyyyyy

Post by Tonyyyyy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:42 pm

BFGUITAR wrote: 1) Because I didnt know better
2) Because I think it sounds better :D
I bet people were playing this on their terz guitars. And even if they didnt , it sounds great ; trust the ear!
Robert Cross spruce 1986
Manuel Rodriguez model C, 7 string

kshri

Post by kshri » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:20 pm

Oh I don't doubt people were performing these on Terz guitars, even if the notes don't correspond to the tuning of the Terz guitar. Those things sound gorgeous. I still really want a Stauffer though!

Return to “Our recordings of Mauro Giuliani”