Giuliani, Mauro - Etude in E Minor

Audio and video recordings of the works of Mauro Giuliani.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Giuliani, Mauro - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Giuliani, Mauro - op.033/10 Écossaise - D02 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
cardamomo

Post by cardamomo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:50 pm

Thank you all for all these precious suggestions!
I'd like to collect them in a single article...hmmm...

Cardamomo

unforgiven

Post by unforgiven » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:24 am

Thanks Steve. I've been practicing this with my metronome for about a week now. It's coming along but not where I want it yet. I have also been working on playing it at the pace where I can keep it constant.

kwinto

Post by kwinto » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:28 pm

thanks! I thought it was very good!

orbiterred

Post by orbiterred » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:48 pm

Great Job Unforgiven.

Since it's been awhile since u posted this... any chance we could hear an updated version :)?

I really like that study, do you or anyone else on here know what number it is or opus it's from? I'd like to learn it.

Again, Well Done.

Rob

unforgiven

Post by unforgiven » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:03 pm

orbiterred wrote:Great Job Unforgiven.

Since it's been awhile since u posted this... any chance we could hear an updated version :)?

I really like that study, do you or anyone else on here know what number it is or opus it's from? I'd like to learn it.

Again, Well Done.

Rob
Thanks. I'd love to get around to trying this again. I've been working on a couple of new pieces also, but nowhere near good enough to record yet. I'll try to cut a new copy in the near future. My daughter is killing my practice time right now though. She just turned 3 and I am spending a lot of time with her.

mark34

Post by mark34 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:49 pm

Hi unforgiven,

Nice played . I f you really want to try to get more "power" from your "a" finger , I would suggest to start playing slowly. Stop, not slowly- very slowly or even VERY VERY slowly :D . The way you play your arpegio now is fully automaticeted and in my opinion there is no possibillity to change anything plaiyng this arpeggio in the tempo. I have had some years ago a similar problem playing the 1 study by Villa-Lobos. I stopped playing in the tempo for a few weeks and practiced it slowly using differents rhytmic patterns. It works but you have to be patient and... you need obviously a little bit more time for your guitar :wink:

Cheers,
Mark

unforgiven

Post by unforgiven » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:24 am

HI Mark,

Thank You. I've been doing more practice with my metronome on this and several other pieces. I know I have a patience problem. I'm trying to get better but it's hard going as slow as I know I need to go sometime.

dave williamson

lovley piece of music

Post by dave williamson » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am

thanks for posting that, its a lovely piece of music. I am looking for more pieces to learn, and will have a look for that. Unfortunately when I try to listen to your recording it stops and starts, continually, doesn't make for very good listening! Anyone got any hints for what this problem may be? Shame about the squeaks, have you tried rosin on the strings as used for violins? Only joking, I think you just need to slow down and do the piece justice, you have the makings there, just needs polishing. Its so tempting to rush ahead, even when some pieces sound better played slowly. good luck.

daveblue222

Post by daveblue222 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:58 am

im going to learn this piece now, its beautifull

and1974

Post by and1974 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:54 am

Nice peace, good playing, usuful comments.

Return to “Our recordings of Mauro Giuliani”