Giuliani, Mauro - op.150 Grande Sonata Eroica

Audio and video recordings of the works of Mauro Giuliani.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Giuliani, Mauro - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Giuliani, Mauro - op.033/10 Écossaise - D02 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Sandan

Re: Giuliani, Mauro - Grande Sonata Eroica

Post by Sandan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:08 am

Owl, That is simply awesome!
Thank you and please accept my virtual flower by Click on the link below. You will get a black page. Click your mouse
anywhere (& everywhere) on the page & see what happens ! Better yet, click (hold down) & drag your mouse over the black page...

http://www.procreo.jp/labo/flower_garden.swf

owl

Post by owl » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:34 am

Goodness... you all amaze me! :shock:
You are so quick off the mark with your responses
I'm so happy that you enjoyed the music... thank you so much for listening and posting a comment
It's not a short piece, so thank you for spending the time
Thank you Kay for the Roses... and thank you San... what a wonderful flower garden :D

I appreciate you all so much :discussion:

Joy in the music

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:58 am

Oh Owl!

I've been waiting for this ever since you told me you were working on this a couple of months ago. I was here earlier when you posted it, but was halfway out the door to go to work. So, I had to wait.

I'm home now and VERY HAPPY! :D

Your playing is every bit as masterful, virtuostic and thoughtful as I expected.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

I'm in love with every single note!

Alan

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:56 am

Not my kind of music, but of course played totally superb! Pristine recording too, as always.

Thank you owl, I'll listen again and see if I can get a bit more into it.

:merci: :merci: :merci:

sxedio

Post by sxedio » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:20 am

Great music and great playing. Thanks Owl!
(Gr) (En) (very little Fr)

Michael

Post by Michael » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:21 am

Ha! Owl, I caught you first this time!

Wow...! The virtuosity and expression you gunned into this piece is just well... Wow!
You always floor me with your playing and the sparkling recording (very well done to Gary!) and clarity
and speed of your fingerwork is a joy.

Thank you, once again, for adding another gem to my collection of 'Owl's Masterpieces'. :discussion:

:bravo: :merci:
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
(Frank Zappa)

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:39 am

Wonderful playing, Owl. Thank you very much.

(I would also like to congratulate Matt who managed to reply within 3 minutes of Owl's posting. Considering that the piece is 9.46 he must have listened at least at mach 3.)

:wink:

kes

Post by kes » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:37 pm

Owl, your playing is wonderful, I am awed by it on so many levels, the consistency of good tone, no finger noise, and the stamina to play this, and you have made me realise that maybe I do like Giuliani's music after all!

Will you tell us how long you have been playing this piece, and how much effort it took to get it to this standard?
Thanks very much for posting it
:merci:
Kath

Vito Simplicio
Composer

Post by Vito Simplicio » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Hey Owl,

You've received many "WOWs" on this one so please permit me to add mine, WOW :!: .
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:59 pm

[delcamp forumites attending Owl's concert]
clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap "encore!" clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap "encore!" clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap "encore!" clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap "encore!" clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

marta150310

Post by marta150310 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Owl - Fantastic! It was so amazing! :D Great articulation and purity of sound. You play with passion.

Marta

Marc_Del

Post by Marc_Del » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:59 am

owl wrote:I enjoy playing this music... I hope you enjoy listening
Please share with us your pleasure to play this music :casque:
Marc

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:45 am

Very impressive, Owl! What a monumental piece of music. Thank you for sharing your recording. :merci:
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

owl

Post by owl » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:11 am

Thank you all so much for listening, and your gratifying comments
I'm very pleased you enjoyed the music :D
kes wrote: Will you tell us how long you have been playing this piece, and how much effort it took to get it to this standard?
Kath, I picked up this piece about halfway through last year... I didn't do much at first except reaquaint myself with the composer and his music... then I began to work it into my practice sessions, but only slowly as I was already committed to a longish work of five movements, 'Stele', by Australian composer Phillip Houghton... and then there's all the other stuff we do of course :roll:
I also had a concert appearance in October, where I had to play a duet with a violinist, and three solo pieces, so I had to break to prepare them.
I guess I took up Eroica seriously around Christmas, and worked on it fairly consistently until about 5 or 6 weeks ago
Then I learned that our sound techie, who had moved interstate, was coming back for about three weeks, and would be available for a couple of recording sessions, so I upped the practice and worked really hard for about a fortnight to get the piece ready... we put it down about 3 weeks ago :mrgreen:

Sorry to be so long winded about it Kath but it was pretty disjointed all told... quite a few interruptions, and it wasn't easy to pull it together :chaud:
I'm pleased you like the music... I hadn't played Giuliani for some years and I am quite taken with this piece
Thanks for listening

Joy in the music

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

licaptn

Post by licaptn » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Maestro Owl,

WOW! Again, I'm simply blown away by your magnificant performance. It is perfect. Thank you for giving me a wonderful addition to my MP3 collection -- it's on the iPod right between Williams and Russell, just like all your other performances.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Please come to NY and give me lessons.

licaptn

Return to “Our recordings of Mauro Giuliani”