Giuliani, Mauro - op.051/01 - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Mauro Giuliani.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Giuliani, Mauro - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Giuliani, Mauro - op.033/10 Écossaise - D02 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
laszel

Giuliani, Mauro - op.051/01 - Video

Post by laszel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Hello,

Another short classical etude played by me. Comments welcome! :)

Vesuvio

Re: Giuliani, Mauro - op.51/01

Post by Vesuvio » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Hello Laszel,

Good effort! Thank you for the chance to hear you play again.

There is at least one other recording of this on the forum, you might enjoy that one. Look for a post by Francos, I can't recall whether it was a video or an MP3.

Just one observation, it might be the camera angle but you seem to be playing with a slight forward bend to your thumb and playing in towards your palm. That might be a source of future tension. This video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPfZVflJdp0 was mentioned recently in relation to the left thumb, but take a look at how John Williams uses his right thumb, about 50 seconds into the video you get a very good view.

Try using the advanced search option to find "right thumb" in topic titles/first posts and you'll find a lot to read,

Best wishes, V :) :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

laszel

Post by laszel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:54 pm

Actually, my right thumb appears a little flexed at the knuckle joint because of a minor injury I had several years ago. This joint is "fixed" in that position and it is not possible to extend it (except by using the other hand :) )

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:07 pm

laszel wrote:Actually, my right thumb appears a little flexed at the knuckle joint because of a minor injury I had several years ago...
I'm sorry to hear that; I hope it will not be a problem for you—our bodies are capable of such wonderful compensations,

Best wishes, V :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Return to “Our recordings of Mauro Giuliani”