Giuliani, Mauro - op.113 Fughetta

Audio and video recordings of the works of Mauro Giuliani.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Giuliani, Mauro - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Giuliani, Mauro - op.033/10 Écossaise - D02 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
mcozner

Giuliani, Mauro - op.113 Fughetta

Post by mcozner » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:35 pm

Hi all,
I 've fallen in love with this little fuge (fughetta) :the use of the form of fuge,an extraordinary use of dissonance(very modern),and the exploration of the polyphonic capabilities of CG,revealed a completely different Giuliani to me,
I'd like to contact someone who is playing this to exchange ideas(because I was not able to find any recording and the score is raw data only!!) but any form of suggestion criticism will be well accepted.

ciao

Renzo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Marek Cupak
Posts: 510
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:38 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Marek Cupak » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:55 pm

i like to play Giuliani. last semester i studyed ouverture, op. 61 and currently it is quintet for guitar and string quartet, op. 65. i know this piece you are talking about, but i don't know what kind of question i should answer.

if you are very interested in Giuliani's works, next pieces i've looked into are: variations n haendel's theme, op. 107, var. on folia d'espagne op. 45, var. on 'i bin a kohlbauern bub' (or something like that :) ) op. 47, and sure his three concertos (op. 30, 36 and 70), and some chamber music: duo for flute & cg op. (i'm not sure) 85, duo for vln & cg op. 25, and variations for 2 cgs, op. 130. oh, don't forget sonate in C op. 15 and sonata eroica op. 150, giulianate (some short pieces) op. 148 and his six rossinianas (op. 119, 120...) :)

BFGuitar

Post by BFGuitar » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:51 pm

Marvelous piece, played very well.

If guiliani lived in the baroque era he would have been more famous today.

mike_hudson

Post by mike_hudson » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:29 pm

:bravo: :ivresse: I celebrate your gift of this piece !! Thank you,
Best Wishes, Mike

mika

Post by mika » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:25 pm

Very good work, renzo!!!!!

:okok: :casque: :casque: :okok:

I like giuliani too........ :merci:

mike_hudson

Post by mike_hudson » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:44 pm

Hi all,
I 've fallen in love with this little fuge (fughetta)
Now I have too Renzo !! :bravo: :bravo: Just downloaded it - its a keeper for sure - It will get many plays at my house :merci:

Mike

mcozner

Post by mcozner » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:31 pm

gizmo64 wrote:i like to play Giuliani. last semester i studyed ouverture, op. 61 and currently it is quintet for guitar and string quartet, op. 65. i know this piece you are talking about, but i don't know what kind of question i should answer.

if you are very interested in Giuliani's works, next pieces i've looked into are: variations n haendel's theme, op. 107, var. on folia d'espagne op. 45, var. on 'i bin a kohlbauern bub' (or something like that :) ) op. 47, and sure his three concertos (op. 30, 36 and 70), and some chamber music: duo for flute & cg op. (i'm not sure) 85, duo for vln & cg op. 25, and variations for 2 cgs, op. 130. oh, don't forget sonate in C op. 15 and sonata eroica op. 150, giulianate (some short pieces) op. 148 and his six rossinianas (op. 119, 120...) :)
Hi gizmo I see yuoare a specialist well I was more interested to this particular Giuliani piece because to me is something quite apart if you play this one should be so nice to post this to have an idea of a different interpretation but if you can post the duo op 25 that I played some time ago with a friend should be marvellous;what to ask well :

1)it is appropriate the tempo (slower faster ?)
2)in the last 10-15 bars especially is appropriate the dynamic of the voices or it is a bit too much forced the text
3)what about the trattenuto oyu can hear after the progression at the beginning (2nd page)
4)have you an idea of different downloadable performance is there a cd of this?
5)Have you an idea where the original manuscript can be buyed/downloaded

these are only some of my questions

mcozner

Post by mcozner » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:33 pm

mike_hudson wrote:
Hi all,
I 've fallen in love with this little fuge (fughetta)
Now I have too Renzo !! :bravo: :bravo: Just downloaded it - its a keeper for sure - It will get many plays at my house :merci:

Mike
thanks Mike you so nice I appreciated (also if this seem to be an inner circle :lol: )

mcozner

Post by mcozner » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:34 pm

mika wrote:Very good work, renzo!!!!!

:okok: :casque: :casque: :okok:

I like giuliani too........ :merci:
thanks mika we can built up the inner circle of persons who loves Giuliani!!!! :lol:

mcozner

Post by mcozner » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:35 pm

BFGUITAR wrote:Marvelous piece, played very well.

If guiliani lived in the baroque era he would have been more famous today.
thanks a lot for your comment

User avatar
owl
Posts: 10124
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:35 am
Location: Australia

Post by owl » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:24 pm

Hello Renzo... :oops: this one nearly slipped past but I am so glad it didn't.
Your presentation is excellent as always :bravo:
I enjoy this piece and it is certainly another one for my 'keeper' file :casque:
:merci: for playing Giuliani... always enjoyable

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

cyberninja

Nice play!

Post by cyberninja » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:09 pm

I like Giuliani's works. I am looking forward to your "variations n haendel's theme, op. 107"

User avatar
Marek Cupak
Posts: 510
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:38 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Marek Cupak » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:27 pm

mcozner wrote:Hi gizmo I see yuoare a specialist well I was more interested to this particular Giuliani piece because to me is something quite apart if you play this one should be so nice to post this to have an idea of a different interpretation but if you can post the duo op 25 that I played some time ago with a friend should be marvellous;what to ask well :

1)it is appropriate the tempo (slower faster ?)
2)in the last 10-15 bars especially is appropriate the dynamic of the voices or it is a bit too much forced the text
3)what about the trattenuto oyu can hear after the progression at the beginning (2nd page)
4)have you an idea of different downloadable performance is there a cd of this?
5)Have you an idea where the original manuscript can be buyed/downloaded

these are only some of my questions
1) i think it can be played this way
2) ...? (don't know).... i heard nothing bad there ... but something with tempo: i'll consider using some rallentando near the end (last two bars)
3) :oops: i really don't understand this question :oops:
4) i don't know any CD containing a record of this piece
5) original manuscript? phew... i used score from danish royal library, some year ago.. http://www.kb.dk/elib/noder/rischel/RiBS0355.pdf

please don't see me as a specialist, i'm only a CG student full of enthusiasm :)

Ruilin

Post by Ruilin » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:19 am

Thats a wonderful piece and you played so well.

:merci: :bravo:

inkie

Post by inkie » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:22 pm

Wonderful!!! I really enjoyed listening! Thx!

Return to “Our recordings of Mauro Giuliani”