Kelly, Stewart - A Wee DADGAD Tune - Video

Audio and video recordings of our own compositions and our interpretations of those of other members published on the forum.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Saywood, Paul - op.15/01 Study in C, New Year - Video
or Can, Esim - Miniatur n.5 - Video
or Grant - Running Water - Duo (Username may replace surname and forename)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Stewart Kelly

Kelly, Stewart - A Wee DADGAD Tune - Video

Post by Stewart Kelly » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:17 pm

Here is a wee tune I came up with a long time ago. Decided to make a new recording of it.

Hope you enjoy :)

Guitar - Christopher Dean 2013 (Spruce)

MBemmels

Re: Kelly, Stewart - A Wee DADGAD Tune - Video

Post by MBemmels » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:27 am

Beautiful song! Your guitar has such a warm, full sound. Nice work on the sweeping arpeggios too. Thanks for sharing
2012 Douglass Scott Spruce top

Stewart Kelly

Post by Stewart Kelly » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:23 am

Thanks Michael:)

DevonBadger

Post by DevonBadger » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:25 am

Hi Stewart, really enjoyed that. Both you and the guitar sound terrific.

You have a very relaxed way of playing which always inspires me to try to do the same, in my constant battle with tension :|

That Dean is my idea of what a classical guitar should sound like. If you'll excuse the pun... it's got real body! What strings are you using on it?

I looked on your website to see if I could buy the music for the DADGAD piece but couldn't see it... is it available anywhere?

Many thanks.

Stewart Kelly

Post by Stewart Kelly » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:06 am

DevonBadger wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:25 am
Hi Stewart, really enjoyed that. Both you and the guitar sound terrific.

You have a very relaxed way of playing which always inspires me to try to do the same, in my constant battle with tension :|

That Dean is my idea of what a classical guitar should sound like. If you'll excuse the pun... it's got real body! What strings are you using on it?

I looked on your website to see if I could buy the music for the DADGAD piece but couldn't see it... is it available anywhere?

Many thanks.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Yes the Dean is great. I only got it a few months ago after always playing Cedar before. I’m using D’addario hard tension basses (EJ46) & D’addario normal tension trebles (EJ45)

The music will be available very soon on my website. I’ll send you a link once it’s available:)

Cheers
Stewart

DevonBadger

Post by DevonBadger » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:18 am

Great, thanks.

How did you decide on HT basses and normal tension trebles? I'm curious as I've just started to use a set of EJ46 for the first time. I like the basses and G string but the top E and B sound a bit harsh and brittle.

I know how strings sound is guitar dependent and the same strings can sound different on different guitars, and with different players, but still... just wondering how you came to land on that particular combination.

Stewart Kelly

Post by Stewart Kelly » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:43 am

DevonBadger wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:18 am
Great, thanks.

How did you decide on HT basses and normal tension trebles? I'm curious as I've just started to use a set of EJ46 for the first time. I like the basses and G string but the top E and B sound a bit harsh and brittle.

I know how strings sound is guitar dependent and the same strings can sound different on different guitars, and with different players, but still... just wondering how you came to land on that particular combination.
I initially put on a full set of EJ46 but found the treble strings too bright so dropped them down to EJ45 and it was much better. Also makes for more expressive vibrato. A little volume will be lost but soon it feels normal and you won’t notice.

Return to “Our recordings of Members' Compositions”