Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Andante Religioso - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Daniele Lazzari
Teacher

Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Andante Religioso - Video

Post by Daniele Lazzari » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:29 pm

'Andante Religioso' is the second movement (I.Preludio Saudade, II. Andante Religioso, III. Allegro Solemne) of 'La Catedral', The Cathedral, a piece inspired by Johann Sebastian Bach's music. Indeed we can consider this piece a new-baroque work.
The Paraguayan Agustin Barrios is considered one of the best composers for classical guitar of early twentieth century. His style is versatile: new-classical, late-romantic, influenced by European classical music, but also greatly influenced by South American folk music.

Thanks for watching!

Daniele Lazzari

"It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself" (J. S. Bach)
..You know, the guitar is a very special instrument! (D. Lazzari)

Paul Janssen

Re: Barrios, Agustín - Andante Religioso - Video

Post by Paul Janssen » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:00 am

Hi Daniele,

I really liked your recording. Your tempo, dynamics and articulation all made for a very enjoyable performance. Thanks for sharing.

I do have a couple of questions if I may?

1. Which transcription are you using? I am very familiar with John William's version off his "The Great Paraguayan Guitar Music of Barrios" Album. I noticed that very occasionally some of your harmonies and bass runs were slightly different to the version I know. This in no way detracts from your excellent performance, but I'm just curious whether these changes are your own?

2. Is there a reason you choose to tune your guitar @432 Hz. This is not a criticism, but once again I'm just curious.

Thanks,
Paul

Daniele Lazzari
Teacher

Re: Barrios, Agustín - Andante Religioso - Video

Post by Daniele Lazzari » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:06 am

Paul Janssen wrote:Hi Daniele,

I really liked your recording. Your tempo, dynamics and articulation all made for a very enjoyable performance. Thanks for sharing.

I do have a couple of questions if I may?

1. Which transcription are you using? I am very familiar with John William's version off his "The Great Paraguayan Guitar Music of Barrios" Album. I noticed that very occasionally some of your harmonies and bass runs were slightly different to the version I know. This in no way detracts from your excellent performance, but I'm just curious whether these changes are your own?

2. Is there a reason you choose to tune your guitar @432 Hz. This is not a criticism, but once again I'm just curious.

Thanks,
Paul
Thank you!
This is my own version. I just kept the continuity of the parts like in the baroque style.
I found this tuning by myself and then I discovered 'the stories' behind.. For those who don't listen the difference it is not a big change: the intonation is lower about 32/100, little more than 1/4 of tone.
Definitely it is for myself!
Daniele Lazzari

"It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself" (J. S. Bach)
..You know, the guitar is a very special instrument! (D. Lazzari)

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”