Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - La Catedral, III Allegro - D09

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
richard1979

Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - La Catedral, III Allegro - D09

Post by richard1979 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:02 pm

heres my own home recording while i was so much into this piece, i was planning to play it in public until i fall in love with fandanguillo by F. Moreno Torroba (suite castellana) when i saw Segovia played it in the Los Olivos video for the 3rd time. so i cut it off from my program

there are some bass strings i cannot hold well and some strategic and unavoidable (in other words, error) rubatos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:47 pm

Hello Richard,

A stunning performance! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us here. This is inspirational!

Best wishes, V :bravo:

EDIT My spelling! Worse than my guitar playing!
Last edited by Vesuvio on Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Gorobete

Post by Gorobete » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:29 pm

I simply like it! This is a difficult part and you are playing just great! I can see the rubato you are talking about, but even so, your interpretation is excellent! Great work! Thank you for posting and I hope we will hear more from you.

Regards,
Lucian

F (i Li) P

Post by F (i Li) P » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:51 pm

:applauso: :bravo: ... thank you for sharing !

BbMinor

Post by BbMinor » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:18 pm

Wonderful, wonderful! I would love to play like that. :D

Good work! :bravo:

richard1979

Post by richard1979 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:50 pm

thanks,

goodtone

Post by goodtone » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:26 pm

Fantastic Richard! Thankyou. Really energetic and enjoyable performance. I love the suite Castellana also so I can see your dilemma.
Thanks again
GT
:bravo:

kshri

Post by kshri » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:30 am

Not bad! This piece is a technique monster. One of the most challenging things I find about it is the left hand, it's very hard not to make any squeaking at those break neck tempos.

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:12 am

:okok: :okok: Oh, my gosh!!
That was fantastic!!!!!!
I really wish that I could watch you play this. Maybe you could post a video for us.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to hear you play, I truly enjoyed it. :merci:
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

krist

Post by krist » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:33 pm

Just incredibale!! Fantastic!!!!!!!

camytay

Post by camytay » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:28 am

You might have caught the raging discussion that was going on recently about playing at different levels. I'm going to try and ignore all that and just add my tuppence here.

It's a great sounding piece and sounds like a difficult one. I think your performance is a great effort even if it is still a "work in progress".

About the squeaks: Is your mic pointing at your fretting hand? Maybe by changing the position you could lessen the sound. This won't cure the technical problem of course, but it might make it less obvious.

kshri

Post by kshri » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:52 pm

Yes, there are some sincerly difficult left hand parts, personally when I get squeaky is measures 5-9, it's just hard not to squeak there because there is so much movement!! However, I have found a solution: I apply a hinge bar throughout on the fourth and fifth strings which I find greatly reduces the left hand tension and the squeakies.
Last edited by kshri on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jd

Post by jd » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:21 pm

Wow!

I have been trying for a couple of years to get that part going, without any real success. That is the first time I have heard it played and it sounds great.
It is true there are a few squeaks but still not bad! Thanks, I have something to work towards now :)

martmexpue

Post by martmexpue » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:06 pm

Wow… I am deeply impressed. If I would have 3 wishes for free, to play it like you would be my third wish! Thanks a lot!!! :D

richard1979

Post by richard1979 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:36 pm

gee thanks everyone,

thanks for the tip krshi and cam, will try to remember that when i plan to play this again.

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”