Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - La Catedral - D09

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Markus_200983

Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - La Catedral - D09

Post by Markus_200983 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:54 pm

Hi everybody! This febuary i will take an examination at 3 Universities of music in Germany, cause i want to study the classical guitar. "La Catedral" is one piece of my program. I played this version in front of my teacher and some of his friends and he recorded it. I added a bit reverb to the record. It`s a pity that I forgot and played 2 wrong notes in the end of the second movement... :(

I hope you`ll enjoy it anyway!

Regards,

Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kshri

Post by kshri » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:26 am

Yeah! I think you have a strong sense of musicality and I think you'll have great success with your entrance exam, best of luck!

camytay

Post by camytay » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:48 am

Well done, really good effort, and good luck with your exam.

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:06 am

Hi!

First of all, best luck with your exams!!

Your playing of all three la catedral movements is extremely well executed, a very strong and confident interpretation! I liked it a lot. It is also neither too slow nor too fast in my opinion. Don't worry about the little mistakes.

What else did you prepare for your exams?

Greetigs
wolfgang

Markus_200983

Post by Markus_200983 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:11 am

Thank you Wolfgang!
I also prepared

F. Sor - Les Folies D'Espagne op. 15
J.S. Bach - Suite 996 e moll: Passagio & Presto
Leo Brouwer: Etudes 12, 5, 3, 6, 7

maybe I`ll play the Villa-Lobos Prelude Nr. 1.....

mika

Post by mika » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:55 pm

Bravo, Markus!

I've enjoyed it really, concratulations.
Markus_200983 wrote: F. Sor - Les Folies D'Espagne op. 15
When did you present this piece for us?

Salute

krist

Post by krist » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:49 pm

I really enjoyed your playing. If one can pay the solemno-part in an constant ritme as you do, one has a really good technique. So if you are going to study the CG we will hear from some day. Just go for it Markus!!

gregpavy

sounds great

Post by gregpavy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:42 pm

Well done!! Your playing was expressive and precise. Good luck with your future endeavors!!

chrisbuerk

Post by chrisbuerk » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:54 pm

Hey Markus,

first of all- did you succeed in your examinations :?:

I really enjoyed listening your work - especially the second part. It is very fast and clear! How long did you practise for that piece?

Many greetings from Freiburg

Christian

PS: Did you also record the Villa-Lobos piece?

chrisbuerk

Post by chrisbuerk » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:16 pm

Hi Markus,
ich konnte dir leider keine Nachricht schicken, da ich noch nicht in der 002Message Group bin, deswegen paste ich sie dir einfach ins Board:
Super, Glückwunsch!
Kommst du denn aus Freiburg? Ich wohne da nämlich. Hab mit 10 Jahren angefangen Gitarre zu spielen, mich aber dann doch entschieden Mathe und Sport auf Lehramt zu studieren. Ich lern grad auf mein Mathe-examen- ziemlich trocken, da ist so ein bisschen Gitarre spielen ne gute Abwechslung und Entspannung!

Machs gut und viel Erfolg beim studieren 8)

homayoonsaleh

Post by homayoonsaleh » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:24 pm

Hi Markus,
I do not think thay any university could offer you a better piece of music than this one.
Congratulations for this fantastic performance. all 3 parts are great. I am sure that it has already opened the doors of the university of music to you.

Happy Guitar
Homayoon

Markus_200983

Post by Markus_200983 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:20 pm

Hi at all!!

I have passed 2 of my 3 examinations and now I will study the guitar as from April the 10th in Freiburg! I`m very very happy!
I played La Catedral, Sor and Lobos and got 20 of 24 points...theory of music was also okay!

Thank you all for your commendations for La Catedral!

Greetings,

Markus

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:47 pm

Hello Markus,

I have enjoyed your performance very much—thank you for sharing your work with us.

I would like to congratulate you on your examination results and am sure you will love your studies in Freiburg—I have fond memories of a visit there from many years ago.

Best wishes, V :guitare:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

rhang

Post by rhang » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:57 pm

Hi Markus

I really enjoyed your performance. Congrats on your exams.

Thanks
Rey

mike_v

Post by mike_v » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:13 am

:bravo: Markus - Congratulations on a very enjoyable performance. I hope your exams went well and wishing you all the best! Thank you for sharing.

Mike

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”