Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - La Catedral - D09

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
BbMinor

Post by BbMinor » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:26 pm

This is indeed an awesome performance of 'La Cathedral'.

Bravo! I wish you the best of luck for your exam. You can do it!

To say it in german: Viel Glück, Du schaffst das.

goodtone

Post by goodtone » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:35 pm

That was fantastic playing Markus. You’re a very talented player.
good luck with the course.

:bravo:

thanks
GT

BFGuitar

Post by BFGuitar » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:27 pm

Good Job! I also play this piece, although not for any exams.

The first movement was done very well. Good tone and phrasing. Your playing of this movement reminds me EXACTLY of how I would play it. I would try to make the two voices a bit more disticnt, although you still did a good job there.

The second movement was done very well, no problems at all.

The third movement was played very cleanly, something that is very hard to do (I can barely do it myself). I think this is one of the pieces that even the pros mess up. At 4:45, I think that whoe section after that shoukd be played quietly with alot of swelling.
I can definately hear dynamic changes which were great, just move that right hand aroud more! It makes everything more interesting.

Markus_200983

Post by Markus_200983 » Sun May 20, 2007 1:42 pm

Thank you much BFGUITAR for your advices! I`ll try more dynamic changes and different right-hand positions.

jarods

Post by jarods » Sun May 20, 2007 2:57 pm

hi markus :okok: ! i missed this piece :oops:
Markus_200983 wrote:Hi at all!!

I have passed 2 of my 3 examinations and now I will study the guitar as from April the 10th in Freiburg! I`m very very happy!
I played La Catedral, Sor and Lobos and got 20 of 24 points...theory of music was also okay!

you have all the merit :!:

you did an exellent prestation of la catedral 8) , and all in each part is very well balanced and felt ... your playing is very smooth, sound is beautifull indeed...the part III is full of dynamics, and i enjoyed the music.
:bravo: and best wishes :wink:

buschwhack

fanastic

Post by buschwhack » Mon May 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Great performance, each movement is executed with great skill and talent. Especially liked the third movement.

Keep up the good work.

Kenneth R. Lockridge

Post by Kenneth R. Lockridge » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:36 pm

Markus,
Lovely music! Very fitting to go with the beautiful place you are from! I was stationed in Landstuhl for a couple years (not long enough!) and loved the area between the Saarland, Rheinland Pfalz, Mosel & Rhein Rivers, the area up near Bitburg (Eifel?), the Hunsruck (sp?), and the area going southeast all the way from Karlsruhe (sp?) to Stuttgart. I did 2,000 km of volksmarching in the first 20 months (my favorite was Urexveiller in the Saarland) and spent the last few months castle-hopping! Two things I remember most fondly about the area around Stuttgart were the very tall, canopy-forming elm trees with few lower branches (which, coupled with the Forestmeister's brush-cleaning, created a lovely forest!), and the sounds of Cuckoos in the spring -- real ones! Best regards, and thanks again for the good music!
-Ken.

alexander92

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - La Catedral

Post by alexander92 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:09 pm

very good performance of La Catedral..i really like it...keep posting good interpretations!Cheers! :guitare:

mandoisland

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - La Catedral

Post by mandoisland » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Hello Markus!
Are you still studying in Freiburg? How is it going? I have downloaded your recording because I like to listen to the music of Agustin Barrios Mangoré at the moment. I want to play some similar music on my mandolin, as I have played a lot of choro music lately.
Michael

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”