Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - La Catedral, III Allegro - D09

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Jamie

Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - La Catedral, III Allegro - D09

Post by Jamie » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:05 am

This sounds a lot better than my last attempt. I got nervous near the end and flubbed one bar of it though. I took some of the previous criticism which I think made it sound alot better. Thanks for the advice, any more would be appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jamie on Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tritone

Post by tritone » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:55 am

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for sharing your efforts I enjoyed your performance. FYI the sound is not stereo this time it is mono L still a great performance!

Sincerely,
JR

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:56 am

Hello Jamie,

I really enjoyed this too. I think you play it very nicely.

Thank you for sharing your work here with us.

Best wishes, V :applauso: :D
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

BFGuitar

Post by BFGuitar » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:36 am

Great job!
I would like to hear more fire at certain parts but I think the way you played was very nice. And dont worry, its not as messy as when I play it :P.

A few tips
1) At 1:50, take a break! Its an end of a phrase so show that.
2) Use more slurs, it will make it alot easier on the right hand
3) More right hand movement (different textures). This can wait if your trying to get it technically perfect.
4) I personally prefer a thrashing loud ending to this piece. Going soft doesnt sound bad but I like to go out with a bang on this piece.

When I post this piece I better have some constructive comments from yourself :p

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:50 pm

I updated this file, I think it sounds a lot better, let me know what you all think!

juggernaut

Post by juggernaut » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:47 am

sounds great! which guitar did you use?

Løød

Post by Løød » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:43 am

Superb! :D

Jose-Guitarra8a

Post by Jose-Guitarra8a » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:08 pm

Excellent. I was mesmerized watching you play. Barrios has got to be one of the top composers for the guitar.

john_mark

Post by john_mark » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:40 am

Well, I certainly didn't hear or see any mistakes. It flowed very smoothly and naturally. You also did a great job on the tech stuff, the picture and sound were terrific. You made it look really easy, and that is the most difficult thing of all. Super job!

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:12 am

Thanks for the messages! I am playing a Tamakine TC132SC electro-classical. I used my Macbook webcam and internal mic. I spent loads of money on a mic and M-Audio firewire box, and the internal mic on the Macbook sounds better! I used Quicktime pro to record the video.
Barrios is definitely an amazing composer, this piece is probably my favorite. Lots of work went into it!

ricstang

Post by ricstang » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:25 am

Congratulations on this video! I know how much time this piece takes to prepare and you should be proud. The only advice I might have would be to relax a little bit. By relax I mean your right hand, body, and overall feel of the piece. That's what I have been working on lately so maybe it's just the only thing I can think of these days!
Anyway, very nice job. I enjoyed your performance very much and I thank you for the post.
Ric

The_Dude

Post by The_Dude » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:07 am

Excellent job Jamie. I enjoyed your video alot.

hav

Post by hav » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:54 am

dern it jamie!! I can't see the video - but I can hear it - very nicely done!! hmmm - I was looking forward to seeing you play :roll:

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”