Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Un sueño en la floresta

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Wayne Klein

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Una sueno en la floresta

Post by Wayne Klein » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:35 am

Wow ! This is great stuff! Thanks for posting it.

hav

Post by hav » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:23 pm

Hey CS :bravo:

A year later- almost exactly :grire: and I'm finally starting this one as well - easier tremolo than limosna but the thumb seems harder?? Anyway - thanks for the inspiration - only to page 5 so still a way to go. I really enjoyed your performance (as I do most things I've heard you play) thanks for posting this one for us!

thumbsandfingers

Post by thumbsandfingers » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:04 pm

Thanks haz for bumping this to the top again, I missed this first time around.

This is really beautifully played cary, rarely have I heard this played with so much warmth thank you very much for posting this.

:merci:

Steve

carysavage

Post by carysavage » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:32 pm

Thanks Hav and Steve for taking the time to listen to this interpretation. I wasn't quite sure if I was using to much rubato which is why I didn't record it for my debut album. Instead, I recorded La Catedral. It gives me a bit more confidence knowing others like my interpretation. Maybe next I will record it for an album.

marjan.nonaka

Post by marjan.nonaka » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:13 pm

:bravo:

freestroke

Post by freestroke » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:05 am

carysavage wrote:Thanks Hav and Steve for taking the time to listen to this interpretation. I wasn't quite sure if I was using to much rubato which is why I didn't record it for my debut album. Instead, I recorded La Catedral. It gives me a bit more confidence knowing others like my interpretation. Maybe next I will record it for an album.
I don't think many guitarists would take it badly if one were to say that Williams played it a little cleaner than they did, but you know, Cary, this one's the one that I put on a CD for the car!
Hell is full of amateur musicians -- GB Shaw

GEO

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Un sueño en la floresta

Post by GEO » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:08 am

Hi, Cary:

I hope you don't mind that I "improved" your performance. I corrected your spelling (Sueño is masculine and has that nasty diacritic, the tilde). Of course, I am scarcely able to play a note of this piece. Do you want to trade? :lol:

About that 20th fret: I've heard some people use a matchstick to simulate it.

Your playing is very beautiful and it's evident that you feel a lot for this music. I like the way you have with the music--a little slower tempo and a softer approach overall.

I have heard a number of big names play this work but the version by Antigone Goni (on the Naxos Barrios CD, vol 1) is something that stands apart. It is among the most impassioned and revealing guitar performances I've heard. I am not much of a player, but if I were I'd listen to other versions to become aware of possibilities I hadn't thought of (and maybe, of course, not want to pursue).

Anyway, thank you for an extended vision of beauty, earned in full measure by the sweat of your brow and by your talent.

:guitare: :guitare: :guitare: :guitare: :guitare:

Cheers,

geo

Jobio

Post by Jobio » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:26 pm

This is amazing! :casque:

Wonderful phrasing,very well done.

jrannik

Post by jrannik » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:49 pm

Congratulations, Cary. This is a beautiful and unique interpretation and performance of a much played piece that sometimes leads to hackneyed interpretations. Not yours though! I really enjoyed listening, great playing.
:casque:

best,
jaan

carysavage

Post by carysavage » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Thank you marjan.nonaka, freestroke, geo, Jobio, jrannik. I appreciate all of your comments. I love the music of Barrios and currently in the process of trying to internalize as much of his music as possible. Jann, i watched your video this morning of allegro solemne and was very impressed. Very clean, great phrasing and technique.

Cary

ricstang

Post by ricstang » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:23 pm

Cary,
I just found this and I'm glad I did. Very nice interpretation! I like the rubato and I think the tempo you have chosen suits this piece well. I like the relaxed feel of it and your tremolo is very even and gentle sounding. Nice work and keep it up!

:merci: Thanks for sharing :D

Pan The Man

Post by Pan The Man » Thu May 08, 2008 10:37 am

I was browsing mp3s for another song, but was excited to see this on the list. It's one of my top two favorites (along with Cordoba by Albeniz) and you play it wonderfully! :bravo:

~Ted

Boucl d'or

Post by Boucl d'or » Thu May 08, 2008 7:14 pm

:D :casque: :bravo:
What a sound and what a sense of lyrical !... Congratulations.

matoyamni

Post by matoyamni » Thu May 08, 2008 11:22 pm

I can't say it better than Simplicio did. That was beautiful. Thank you!

Julie

angelique

Post by angelique » Fri May 09, 2008 12:05 am

:discussion:

a joy to listen to!

:bravo:

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”