Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - La Catedral I Preludio - D09 Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
F (i Li) P

Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - La Catedral I Preludio - D09 Video

Post by F (i Li) P » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:10 pm

ok now... this last week I've been doing some recordings because of some mystery problem I had. I wasn't planning on posting anything on the forums. It was just something like record, listen, spot mistake, get rid of mistake, recod again... This video is (I think) the best recording I got so far... I know it's full of mistakes and faults and it would be unfair to blame in on "the red button".

I just thought that It would be a big help if I could have your input on it, so far... Any comment is HIGHLY welcomed, and don't be shy with the criticism ! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:19 pm

Hi F (i Li) P,
Really sensitively played, the harmonics at the end were beautifully done indeed. The LH positions in this one (specially the high part) are exceptionally difficult to hold whilst keeping the melody running, you managed it really well.
My only criticism is that your body and, particularly the shoulders, look a little tense, perhaps the music would flow even more beautifully if you relaxed those shoulders. 8)
By the way, how exactly are you supporting the instrument? It looks like you're able to make it float :!:

F (i Li) P

Post by F (i Li) P » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:33 pm

Hi prometheus

Thank you very much for both your encouragements and your advices. Yes. I DO look tensed up. The funny thing is that during the recording I was certain that I was relaxing and had as little tesnsion as possible... actually that's not that funny :cry: ... aaah...beeing a self thaught....

yup... the guitar just floats. it's magic :shock: ... sceptics say I use a Gitano rest, but they just never saw me live...

Amadan

Post by Amadan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:01 am

Lovely sound and great performance.
Thanks

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:23 am

That was excellent. Very economic technique,
right and left hands.

:bravo:

H

owl

Post by owl » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:39 am

F (i Li) P... I'm so impressed... that was just lovely
I agree with Denian... beautiful harmonics :flowers:
You are well on your way F (i Li) P... I do hope we can look forward to the next two movements :casque:

A great effort... congratulations, and a big thank you

Joy in the music

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:23 am

I'm also very impressed with your playing, Filip! I actually expected the odd buzz in the melody on one or two difficult spots, as it is usually heard in amateur recordings, but in vain :shock:

Very good, very good. Next movement :lol: The second one has again completely different challenges, not to speak of the third one. What am I telling you, I don't play them.

btw: Well, as a video guy, I have to say that you don't have enough light on your guitar. The background is too bright, and I couldn't see the fretboard/strings very clearly. Best is to do it during daytime next to a window to get enough light.

wchymeUS

Post by wchymeUS » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:45 am

This is very good, very nice, very balanced. I loved it, and like the others, I'm now waiting for the next two movements 8)

:bravo:

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:53 am

WOW! Filip! :bravo:

VERY beautiful, sensitive playing! Clean as a whistle!

You are 18? And self taught? :shock:

I know it took a lot of courage to post this, because I know you. The same thing happened to me with my two Mp3 offerings. I just did them for myself, was not satisfied at all, but just decided to put them up here to see if I could get some help. This is SUCH a supportive group!

Promethius has inspired me to try some videos, too. I have one "in the can" that I'm not ready to post yet. I learned a lot trying, though. And, Wollfang and some others are right. You need a lot more light than you think.

Also, I think, you look a lot worse on video than you do in real life. I know that, because there are lots of videos of me playing drums. I look like a dork. Still, I learned quickly how to change some things...

You don't look as tense in your video as I do in mine. I look like I'm EATING something :lol: I don't think it looks that bad in real life.

But one thing I DO know...combating tension ANYWHERE in your body or mind is a lifelong task...

Keep up the good work! You will be a master, someday! Find a good teacher! Or he/she will find YOU!

Alan

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:41 am

Hello F (i Li) P,

I am so pleased that you have been able to make this lovely recording and I have really enjoyed being able to see you play. Thank you!

If I were able to play this as sensitively as you, then I would be very happy indeed. Keep up the good work!

Best wishes, V :D :applauso: :D :applauso: :D :applauso:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Matt Molloy

Post by Matt Molloy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:11 pm

Very nice indeed.

Well done. :applauso: :bravo: :merci:

Always a pleasure to hear this one, especially as well played as that.

Thanks,

Matt.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morcambe

Proud member of the LGCI.

Guitar: James Lister 2009 SP/MP.

F (i Li) P

Post by F (i Li) P » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:47 pm

thank you everyone for all your words of encouragement... I feel filled up with power and joy :lol: ...

I'm sorry for the poor lighting of the guitar, but like I siad, I wasn't really planning on posting anyhting of thisso I didn't really pay any atention to stuff like that... I'll be more careful next time (if there will be a next time :P )

If your waiting for the next TWO movements :shock: :shock: :shock: you'll be in a looooot of waiting :D ... I actually tryed the second movement: took me half an hour just to read through it :shock: ... maybe in a year or two :) ... and the third movement? let's just say that I already have it in the "i'll-never-be-able-to-play-this" list :shock:

Thanx again for your comments...

back to work :war:

owl

Post by owl » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:45 pm

F (i Li) P wrote: and the third movement? let's just say that I already have it in the "i'll-never-be-able-to-play-this" list :shock:
F (i Li) P... never say never!
It will all come together eventually and you WILL play Allegro Solemne... I can wait! :roll:

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

F (i Li) P

Post by F (i Li) P » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:57 pm

thank you Owl..
I sure hope that day will come .......................

Dave W

Post by Dave W » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

Hi F (ILI) P, a nice video. I'm not able to critique as I'm a long way from your standard & so say great I'll aim to catch you up.

Many thanks to you for the MP3 files you have submitted within the Level 2 study material on this site. I am currently a self taught student who is using this fine material & find these examples a brilliant tool to work with.

More power to your playing!

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”