Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Cancion de la Hilandera

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
hungryman

Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Cancion de la Hilandera

Post by hungryman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:11 am

Hey everyone,
for those of you who don't know, the title in english is Song of the Thread Spinner. On the top of my sheet music it says "Mexico, March, 1933." I picture old seamstresses in a village somewhere in mexico and it's about 100 degrees and they are humming along as they work.
This is my first tremolo piece besides the ol' Carcassi no. 7 which doesn't count if you ask me-and my first Barrios piece. He really was an amazing composer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wolfgang

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Cancion de la Hilandera

Post by wolfgang » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:57 am

HI Hungryman!

Thanks for playing for us. Even though you say it is your first tremolo piece, you do the tremolo already very convincing, with a pleasing steadiness. Great work!!

The middle section is somehow truncated. Hey, you've got the rare chance to recover from tremoloing, and you don't use it!

Overall, a big :okok:

:merci:

homayoonsaleh

Post by homayoonsaleh » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:48 pm

Hi

It is certainly a lovely Tremolo piece by the Maestro Barrios.

The name of the city where Barrios composed this piece is Puebla. As the title shows it is the result of an inspiration by watching a worker at the spinning-wheel and the tremolo represents the repetitive and fast movements of the spinner.

your tremolo is nice and steady. congratulations for selecting this nice piece for your first tremolo piece. I prefer a little faster movement of the spinning wheel.

I remember playing a non-tremolo line in the last page. maybe my arrangement is different with yours.

Happy Guitar
Homayoon

hungryman

Post by hungryman » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:17 am

You're right. I asked my teacher why there are different versions of this piece.(after listening to the two on this forum)He said that Barrios would write or rewrite his works and give them away as gifts.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:47 am

Hello Hungryman,

Well done! This is not an easy piece to tackle and I have enjoyed your performance. Thank you for sharing it with us,

Best wishes, V :D
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Anthony Campanella

Post by Anthony Campanella » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:12 am

:okok: Thanks - haven't heard that

adeptus

Post by adeptus » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:06 am

hello hungryman

You probably have a pretty good and expensive guitar, I love its sound...and this piece from the master Barrios sounds very nice on it.

Congratulations!

PS: I haven't heard this song before, but now that I heard it I will include it in my repertoire.

hungryman

Post by hungryman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:28 pm

Yes sir, that's my teachers guitar(one of them). I will probably rerecord this because my tremolo is still changing constantly! THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS!

Paul Saywood

Post by Paul Saywood » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:00 am

Hello hungryman

Sounds good. Tremolo is always difficult to play with feeling, it's easier and sounds more impressive if played through at break-neck speed, but that's not what it's about. You've done a good job here; it's full of emotion, I look forward to hearing more recordings by you.

Paul

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”