Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Las Abejas - D09

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
angelique

Post by angelique » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:07 pm

Hi Jamie,

If this was a quick run-through, then your work will be amazing when you've finished. Great rhythm, tone and phrasing.

I most definitely enjoyed this piece which btw I'd never heard before. From the music I get the feeling that something very intense is going on, and I want to feel more of that intensity...in sense of color and volume, dynamics and...?
Guess what I'm trying to say is I felt pulled in a musical direction, but then I never really arrived (?). Like I expected you to get louder here, more saturated there..in a nutshell...a teaser :) or something......hmm hope this helps. I think you are on to something very exciting with this piece. Love to hear it again!

P.S. I don't think it needs to be any faster...enough activity at that tempo imo!

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:21 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. I am practicing this piece still, but it needs alot of work befre it is perfect. I always memorise pieces very quickly, but perfecting them takes me ages.... in fact i dont think there are any pieces i can play perfectly. This piece definitely needs more accenting on the melody notes. My playing frustratingly lacks consistency, I just need to slow things down more and work on that.
Thanks again!

jnatan

Post by jnatan » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:01 am

Jamie, I liked it very much. The speed issue is minor. If you prefer it like this...go on. I´ve heard it played faster and at this speed. Turíbio Santos plays it even slower.
About the perfecting issue it happens with me too. I memorize fast but playing without any minor mistakes takes a long time.
Maybe ´cause I learn most pieces " by ear". My reading is very poor. Buty I intend to work on it pronto. Cheers

jimbo

Post by jimbo » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:00 am

Jamie,

May I ask how long it took you to get to this standard? Having listened to this several times I fear I would never be half has good as you if I practised for for a hundred years!! You are very talented. Wow!!

James

UK

chagrad

Post by chagrad » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:38 pm

hi jamie

thats sounds good keep working

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:52 pm

Yeh i still need to work on this one, i have got distracted by other pieces at the moment. I am working on the Vals Op 8 #4, very fun piece to play. In answer to jimbo, i have been playing electric for 14 yrs, classical for 8. Listen to some of the younger players on here, especially the recording of Sevilla by Albeniz, I forget who posted it but i remeber they said they have only been playing for a couple of years. It sounds much better than my posting of that piece! So dont stress, practice makes perfect!!!

MRay

Post by MRay » Sun May 21, 2006 6:00 pm

:shock:

Amazing . .

:wink:

BFGuitar

Post by BFGuitar » Sun May 21, 2006 11:34 pm

If you played this piece more legato it would be perfect :)
Of course like you said it still needs work.
Have fun!

angelique

Post by angelique » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:00 pm

Still enjoying this immensely :-)

Tin

Post by Tin » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:59 am

very good man

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”