Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
wchymeUS

Post by wchymeUS » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:10 pm

Flaws? Ah you mean the internet bandwidth or something like that, right?

Wow, that's really good! Congratulations :casque: :casque: :casque: :okok:

If you feel a bit tense on this one it may (may) be because you have not taken enough time to digest it completely... I'm sure if you take it again in a couple of weeks it will have matured).

mika

Post by mika » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:23 pm

It's a fine piece, hav!

I like the sound.. :casque:

:bravo: :okok:

mika

kalabal

Post by kalabal » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:36 pm

that was very nice hav...this piece is very romantic and you made me feel it...thank you for sharing this lovely piece with us... :bravo:

Florentin Tise

Post by Florentin Tise » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:00 pm

nice job Hav! Thank you for sharing.

SiVa

Post by SiVa » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:35 pm

Beautiful mate. Simply beautiful. Thank you.

jc_koto

Post by jc_koto » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:37 am

Hiya hav!

I just DL'd the vid from your junk page this afternoon. Aside from the technical glitches and forgotten spasms, I really like your take on this one. We seem to play this piece at a very similar pace and flow, so your interpretation seemed *especially* natural to me.

You play certain parts at higher positions than I do, though (measures 3 & 4 for example). Is that out of convienience or for the mellower tone? I didn't really expect this sound to make much of a difference, but it does. Also you roll some of the chords but not all of them, which I was sort of expecting. I like it that way though. Maybe I'll give it a try (not rolling all the chords, that is).

Anyway, another good one, hav. I can't wait to see/hear an updated vid/mp3.

--john

owl

Post by owl » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:11 pm

RATS! hav... I cannot believe you posted this piece when I was away and had limited access... now I'm on PAGE 2! :pascontent:

It's just lovely hav... I know, I know!... it needs a little work... but your approach is right and I really enjoyed your 'take' on this lovely Barrios piece :flowers:
I haven't seen the video yet but I'm about to do so :lol:

Please keep playing Barrios as you are... I love these pieces by you hav :love:

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

grooveguitar

Post by grooveguitar » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:51 pm

hav,sorry for replying later,Barrios is a very very very very GREAT CG composer, i like him very much, this piece he use many transpositions, very typical Barrios piece! :D

jaymaxpax

Post by jaymaxpax » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:24 pm

My favourite intepretation is the one played by David Russell. And this is definitely one of the most touching piece I have ever heard on guitar.

That said I liked your piece a lot too. Even though you were nervous it still came out beautiful, especially the tone. It felt sexy at some parts too LOL. Julia-florida is definitely not an easy piece and I think you did really well :)
If you nailed the climax at 4:00 min, I would have shed a tear!

As for dealing with the tension, the fact is that you are projecting out your feelings and pleasure through the guitar. It is not a competition and one should feel happy just being alive and at the very precious moment of holding the guitar in our arms. I personally feel that as long as we are true to ourselves when creating the music, we should be proud of whatever comes out of it.

Cheers man~

hav

Post by hav » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:42 am

thanks y'all - everyone here is so kind but I really do know how poor this pass is -- I promise that I will update it no later than this coming weekend - hopefully before - this pass 1 really is a bit embarrassing :oops:

Anyway --

glitteringtop - I'm ironing for all I'm worth :grire: - I've curtailed my time in the forums just so I could dedicate a bit more time to ironing this one - I have to say my favorite clam in this pass was when I realized I was out of position and started shaking my head even before missing the gliss :grire:

AOM - thanks you but - no "Dear" so I fear it was below what you would have expected of me :grire:

guitarra8a - be sure to post it for us -- we have only a couple of this piece in the forums now.

homayoonsaleh - yes - the mp3 is just the audio from the vid - you are not missing much by not seeing the vid and you are saving a LOT of download time my just listening to the mp3 :roll:

Glen, Mark34, wchymeUS, mika, kalabal, flo, SiVa, owl, gg - y'all are fibbers - nice ---- but fibbers nonetheless :grire:

owl - NO problem - I was also not around much - and you'll like the next pass better (I hope so anyway - I think so)

jc_koto - yes - I just play what seems to feel right - sometimes for voicing - sometimes for comfort. ANd yes - I do roll more than is marked in the score I have -- I also take some liberties with tempo -- I just figured - what the heck - I'm gonna be romantic with this one - just because!!

jaymaxpax - thanks - and I'll nail the climax on the next pass - but no tears are required :grire: Ya know - I totally ignored the high E (double note) right at the begining of the climax (what I think you are referring to anyway) - so that'll be corrected on the next pass as well :roll: and yes - usually I'm not too bad with the stage fright -- but, I just really want to play this one so I think I talk to myself more whan playing it in front of the camera - like "OK! I got that one" which causes me to miss the current one - if ya know what I mean :roll:

angel-of-music

no

Post by angel-of-music » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:37 am

Dear hav. :grire: ......................ha ha ha ha ha ha. you made a biiig mistake :grire: . i really enjoyed listening to my favorite piece played by you.
you are a great guitarist :casque: . believe me :sage:

hav

Post by hav » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:40 am

:grire: I like you AOM - a good forum friend!! Thanks!!

OKEE DOKEE y'all --- I couldn't STAND the embarrassment of that pass 1 recording - so I went ahead and updated with a pass 2 version - still nowhere NEAR done but better than pass 1 was. I'll still make a beter version by this weekend some time - I promise - but this pass 2 is less disturbing than the pass 1 was.

owl

Post by owl » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:38 pm

Ah hav... this is lovely and the tempo is almost there :flowers:
LOL... I can understand why you were ticked off at the end... you did a
F (i Li) P mate lol :lol:
It is really a great interpretation... with feeling and sensitivity.
:merci: hav

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

charlesivey

Post by charlesivey » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:05 pm

Hav,

You know I love your playing... you may not know why I think your expression of music is so valuable. When I hear something and believe I can feel the passion of the person playing it, then I really get drawn in. My guess is, throughout a piece like this, you are having moments of focus, moments of ah-ha, moments of thrilling development, and moments of emotions... there must be dozens of places where you go through phases to bring out the nature of this beautiful music.

Well, you certainly pull me into to your playing as you experience these moments -- so I love it. Robots, constant volumes, and metronomes don't quite accomplish this nearly as well as you have expressed yourself.
Last edited by charlesivey on Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CI

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler" A. Einstein

hav

Post by hav » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:57 pm

I promise the one next weekend will be better owl - I just couldnl't stand that first pass being up here :grire:

And thanks CI !! It DOES sound better in my head for sure. Wish I really could take you and the rest of the gang along for the REAL ride but my hands just can't coax that out of the old guitar yet :roll:

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”