Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
btb

Post by btb » Wed May 24, 2006 2:27 am

I'm not familiar with the piece but WOW this is pro level playing Thanks for sharing, it's beautiful.

:casque:

mark34

Post by mark34 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:26 pm

Thanks, bumpa, Rick714, domenico, strings, cristopher berger, richard and Mray!!!

I appreciate your kindly words very much !!!

:merci:

Gus C

Post by Gus C » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:15 pm

I'm still quite new to this forum and each time i log on i seem to find something new interesting helpfull or insperational.

Mark thanks for sharing this beautiful music incredibly played :)

treack

Post by treack » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:50 pm

gobsmacked --- :applauso:

upucci

Post by upucci » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:44 am

Very nice mark34! I enjoyed listening to that!! :) Thanks.

jeff carter

Post by jeff carter » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:21 am

One Word: WOW!

Bravo, Mark! So beautiful and full of feeling! Excellent command of the music and your guitar (or your friend's borrowed guitar in this particular case! :)) :bravo:

--Jeff

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:25 am

That was incredable! It sounded like butterflies dancing on the strings. Thank you.
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

mark34

Post by mark34 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:57 pm

Thanks you all a lot for your motivating comments !!!

I liked especially the phrase :.....butterflies dancing on the strings....

:D

But frankly speaking I 've been working to get the opening section possibly fluent - very legato played. It does not work each time but sometimes it goes quite good.

Cheers,
Mark

sbcurrin

Post by sbcurrin » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:59 am

sounds really good, quite moving

Alexander 1985

Post by Alexander 1985 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:03 am

A very nice interpretation, but a bit poor quality of record. As for me, I like it more than the way Barrios plays his pemarkable work. I also have a recording by Nikita Boldyrev, it's in better quality, but your interpretation is more interesting. By the way, a lack of tonal balance isn't just because of the poor instrument. Another reason is a bad microphone (I suppose :oops: )

goodtone

Post by goodtone » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:59 am

wow! That was great thanks for sharing that with us. This is one of my favourite Barrios pieces and am learning it myself at the moment. If if sounds anywhere near as good as your recording when I've finished then I'll be more than happy.
I've only just discovered the forum. What a brilliant resource.I can't believe how many great players like yourself are out there.

:D

Michael

Post by Michael » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:48 pm

Your playing here is absolutely superb and it shows that a poor guitar can be made to sound good. Is it really that bad...?

However, a good workman never blames his tools and you certainly are a good workman here.

I thought the recording was perfectly ok too.

I am late in catching up with this, but I am glad I did!

Great stuff Mark, and thank you for sharing it with us.

Chris A

Post by Chris A » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:07 pm

Yeah, what guitar are you using, cause it sounds amazing!!

Amazing work, are you professional?

Dach

Post by Dach » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:17 pm

Stunned! Wonderful recording and no faults. The bad guitar? I certainly didn't hear one.

mark34

Post by mark34 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:41 pm

Hi,

Thanks you all for your great feedback.

According to the guitar- here a link to the recording of another Barrios's Valse ( no.1 ) recorded with the same equipment ( mic and so on ) but with my own guitar.

viewtopic.php?t=5736&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

So, the difrence is remarkable, I think.

Chris A, I studied guitar and I am also a guitarteacher now so that would mean I am profesionall. However, as a performer ... there are such a people like Russel, Desiderio, Assads and many many others... so, I am far, far away from calling myself professional as a player.

goodtone, you are right- there is more and more really profesionall stuff in this forum ( Materazzo is one of great examples ). It is really amazing.

Mark

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”